Glacier Bay, Alaska

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Glacier Bay, Alaska

Postby M.I.B. » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Hauling stuff with my trustworthy Skywagon above Glacier Bay, Alaska, accompanied by fluffy clouds, a nasty wind and fog...and low temperatures. :D

Seems like a calm situation, but in reality, I was battling some serious winds up there

Destination (some isolated plateau) reached, windy ordeal over. Pretty scenic...

If you want, you can see more pics from this flight here, here and here.

See ya'll in da skies <<v
M.I.B.
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Glacier Bay, Alaska

Postby FlexibleFlier » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 am

Here's a nice airplane repaint for your trip: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=146786
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby M.I.B. » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:30 am

That's it, I'll re-fly this flight :D Thanks for that!
M.I.B.
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby FlexibleFlier » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:12 pm

You're welcome.

Love your Caravelle. I rode jumpseat on a Swissair Caravelle into Zurich one dark and stormy night back in 1969 (I think). Nice docile airplane, 2-man crew (one of the first turbojets to do that), and flown with Swiss precision and grace. A fun experience all the way 'round.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby M.I.B. » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:34 am

I may be young, but my mind says otherwise, for me, it's always a delight to hear/read the stories of those fortunate enough to have ridden the classics of the good ol' times. I feel like I lived those moments myself. But I can't hold back my envy :lol: As for the 2 man crewed Caravelle...I've heard that it was the first jetliner to be flown by a two men crew in 1960, by Finnair, although it was also often flown by a 3 men crew. On the other hand, the A300 is considered to be the 1st true 2 man crew jetliner in the world as the flight engineer's operations had been fully automated.
M.I.B.
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase