Forums aren't friendly to people like me :/

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Re: Forums aren't friendly to people like me :/

Postby Sky Boy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello fellow World-Wide Flight Simmers!

I have been a devoted Flight Simmer since the Microsoft 1998 FSX version, although this is my very first post to any of the forums. I current flight sim on FSX Acceleration and thoroughly enjoy my time with it. I also follow/read most of the forum topics and posts daily. I typically find them very friendly, informative, and quite helpful to me anyway. All of the fellowship of flight simmers here, I feel, should be highly commended for their current efforts and willingness to help those of us when requested and/or in need of their experience and expertise! I really enjoy the great shots/pictures some post! They are great and many thanks for sharing!

I am personally profoundly deaf and legally blind due to having a genetic disorder known as Usher Syndrome Type 2. With severe "tunnel vision" and myopia too (severely near-sighted) along with being profoundly deaf bilaterally, I can't see the entire screen of my Lenovo Laptop I use FSX Acceleration on. I can't hear anything either. Thus, I don't join in any "multi-players" type FSX activities, events, and/or anything like that. However, as a profoundly deaf-blind adult, I DO still enjoy the "sense of freedom" the flight simulation experience gives me for a few moments each day from the struggles that indeed do go along with any person being deaf-blind like me. You folks and your sharing as you do here, gives me many "tips" as to what to "look for" and/or "watch out for" that with my limited physical abilities might miss otherwise. Again, my deep appreciation for your sharing and willingness to help out!

I will sign off for now, but "look forward" to enjoying your posts, pictures, and many great tips!

Very best regards to all!

Jeff - Call Sign "Sky Boy" (Name from my late Service dog for the Blind named "Sky")
Arkansas, USA
Sky Boy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Colt1775 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Nor do I care what you think of me ^

As I just stated this whole thread isn't about the repaint requests. That was just something that's been weighing on my mind that I brought into this.
And before you cast judgment about how I talk in my defense I legally have a social disorder that pretty much messes up my communication skills.
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby davido53 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:03 pm

I asked a repainter for a special paint, then paypaled him $10. When he finished it, I paypaled him another $10. He was pretty grateful.
davido53
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Montypot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 pm

I must have logged into this wacko evangelical forum by mistake, l was looking for a flight sim site.
Montypot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 am

Hi there Sky Boy and welcome to the forum ;)
It please my so much that you can enjoy simming <<v
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:27 am

Colt 1775, first didn't you mean to be colt 1875? That seems to be more your style, a hot, shoot from the hip six gun shooter. I don't see any demand for aircraft with Bible scriptures painted all over the surfaces, especially military aircraft so I along with others suggest you buy some repaint software and learn to do it yourself. Unless you intend to fly in the multiplayer arenas nobody but you will ever see them. I have made several posts that no one responded to and even though in a couple of cases I was disappointed I didn't start ranting that everyone was ignoring me because I am handicapped. Which would be as ridiculous as your claim. I am sure that many members are devout Christians but realize this is not a platform for evangelizing. I think everyone's religious preferences are their own business and best left out of the discussions in this forum.

These are a bunch of nice helpful people and I think you owe every one of them an apology.
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:02 am

Well said lieutenant Bob :clap:

Just a note. I am not refferring to anything in this "marvellous" thread :twisted:
You just hit bulls eye. Good shooting Bob :whistle:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby E-Buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:21 am

Colt 1775,

My father once told me to never discuss politics or religion in mixed company.
As this forum is worldwide, that's about as "mixed" as you can get.
Wars, among other disastrous events, have started this way. And I'm not really referring to "flame wars."

As Monty Python said, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Stepping off my soapbox (OW! Just twisted my ankle! :oops: )...

That being said, I still hope you fare well in your quest for your desired repaints.

E-Buzz
E-Buzz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby fox2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:31 am

Welcome on this forum Sky Boy <<s
fox2

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:55 am

Colt1775 wrote:Nor do I care what you think of me ^
... in my defense I legally have a social disorder that pretty much messes up my communication skills.

I believe it's called "Over The Top Evangelicalism" :o

Hawkeye
The Pagan B_st_rd

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Sky Boy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am

Hello fellow World-Wide Flight Simmers!

I have been a devoted Flight Simmer since the Microsoft 1998 FSX version, although this is my very first post to any of the forums. I current flight sim on FSX Acceleration and thoroughly enjoy my time with it. I also follow/read most of the forum topics and posts daily. I typically find them very friendly, informative, and quite helpful to me anyway. All of the fellowship of flight simmers here, I feel, should be highly commended for their current efforts and willingness to help those of us when requested and/or in need of their experience and expertise! I really enjoy the great shots/pictures some post! They are great and many thanks for sharing!

I am personally profoundly deaf and legally blind due to having a genetic disorder known as Usher Syndrome Type 2. With severe "tunnel vision" and myopia too (severely near-sighted) along with being profoundly deaf bilaterally, I can't see the entire screen of my Lenovo Laptop I use FSX Acceleration on. I can't hear anything either. Thus, I don't join in any "multi-players" type FSX activities, events, and/or anything like that. However, as a profoundly deaf-blind adult, I DO still enjoy the "sense of freedom" the flight simulation experience gives me for a few moments each day from the struggles that indeed do go along with any person being deaf-blind like me. You folks and your sharing as you do here, gives me many "tips" as to what to "look for" and/or "watch out for" that with my limited physical abilities might miss otherwise. Again, my deep appreciation for your sharing and willingness to help out!

I will sign off for now, but "look forward" to enjoying your posts, pictures, and many great tips!

Very best regards to all!

Jeff - Call Sign "Sky Boy" (Name from my late Service dog for the Blind named "Sky")
Arkansas, USA
Sky Boy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sky Boy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Fellow FSX Simmers!

Thanks for the kind welcomings! I do want to apologize for the duplicate posts I mistakenly sent! Mark it up to my mostly being new to posting on the forums!

Enjoying flying the Beech Baron with GARMIN 1000 panels and many beautiful places and sceneries to witness the Fall colors in the northern hemisphere! It is great and very relaxing to me!

Best regards and great times flying to all!

Sky Boy
Arkansas, USA
Sky Boy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby E-Buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 am

Welcome to the forums Sky Boy!

<<v

E-Buzz
E-Buzz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby logjam » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Welcome Skyboy. your input is welcome as long as it doesn't antagonize with religious or political content. :whistle:
logjam
Major
Major

Postby pegger » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Colt1775 wrote:Nor do I care what you think of me ^

Perfect! So drop the "holier-than-thou" routine. It's quite arrogant and annoying. You don't care, and neither do I.
Let's talk about flight simming, and keep our personal beliefs to ourselves shall we?

Colt1775 wrote:And before you cast judgment about how I talk in my defense I legally have a social disorder that pretty much messes up my communication skills.

Duly noted...and obviously demonstrated.
And it also appears that you are cognisant of this fact, so you will of course understand the next time you post some nonsensical and we all choose to ignore you.
Talk flight sim, and keep your personal beliefs to yourself.

So have you by chance had a look into how fairly easy it is to make repaints? That would be an interesting discussion.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Site Questions & Feedback