Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Sunday's ride out to Abergavenny with all the bikers on a lovely sunny day...

....guaranteed to bring all the bikers out with their shiny steeds!

A small collection of the gathering!...>>>

...I want, I WANT!!...>>>

My little blue baby nestling amongst the big boys!...>>>

109 mile all-round trip!

Loads of fun...with big grins!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:46 am

A happy, relaxing video of some of our Oriental chums from the Far East, enjoying a ride-out on their; "Metric" Yamaha Virago/Star/Dragstar Cruisers!

The World is NOT full of just; "Harley Davidson's"....trust me!.... :D ...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qop880gKOM0

Paul...mind you, I wouldn't throw a nice Harley Davidson 1200 Cruiser out of bed.... ;) ...!

.... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:58 am

I know you'd like this Fozz. The Bike - Honda ST1300, just listen to that motor at about 8 mins up the Duffey Lake road onwards. I never tire of this run. It's a long loop tho. Have to get off once in a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ8UnvHWxeM
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:32 pm

logjam wrote:I know you'd like this Fozz. The Bike - Honda ST1300, just listen to that motor at about 8 mins up the Duffey Lake road onwards. I never tire of this run. It's a long loop tho. Have to get off once in a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ8UnvHWxeM

Wonderful, Log!

It certainly looks cold, up in them-thar mountains!!

The thing that I like about the U.S. and Canada Biking scenery is that the the edges of the roads don't obstruct the view by "hedgerows", like we have in England!
The edges of the roads are mostly clear of shrubbery.
The landscape is open to view, all around...like this!...>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-asT_6B95o
Desert sand, Tumble-weeds, and Rattle-Snakes in your Air Cleaner!... :lol: ...!

I rather like the Harley Davidson "72" for a classic cruiser!
Dual rear shocks, and a thin front wheel!....>>> http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Mo ... y-two.html
...just don't run out of gas, with that tiny fuel tank!... :shock: .... :lol: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Henry Cole is doing another re-run of; "Worlds Greatest Motorcycle Rides" on the "Travel Channel" on my TV...
and, of course, being one of my most favourite Motorcycle routes, ROUTE 66, I am enjoying every minute second of it!
Tonight he is starting out at the beginning, in Chicago and heading south!
Enjoying some amazing scenery, fantastic roads, gorgeous weather (most of the time), and meeting some amazing, friendly characters as can only be found in the USA!
As the journey progresses, he will be making his way, following the Will Rogers Highway, towards Santa Monica and the end, through the magnificent desert scenery of New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California!
I just wish that I could accompany him on the journey, laid back, on a big, growling, Vee-Twin Motorcycle!
So...I just have to watch the program, and imagine that I am there on that wonderful journey!
...more details later...

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/series-i ... CMd7DRsQeQ

..and of course the famous route!...>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_66
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:24 am

Watched the final run of Route 66 on the Travel Channel last night!

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/series-i ... CaBcTSA7ws

For me, the best bit. The Desert run from Albuquerque to Flagstaff, and thence to Seligman, Hackbury, Kingman, Needles, and Barstow, hopping between Interstate 40 and the remaining bits of Route 66!
It is interesting to see just how little of Route 66 still remains..swallowed up by the Interstate Highways!
Then the fun ends as the ride continues to San Bernardino and the dreaded Interstate 10 with all its frantic traffic!
Finally ending at the lovely Santa Monica, right by the sea!

When you see this plaque at Santa Monica, you know that you are at the Start/End or Route 66!..>>

A wonderful journey which I have completed a few times in the Flight Sims (FS 2004/FSX) in the past, using the default Beech Baron 58, and accurately following the route using various Maps, and stopping off at various airfields close by!

I just wish I could do it on a big Harley Vee-Twin, and a camera, and someone tasty on the Pillion!.... ;) ...!!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Worlds Greatest Motorcycle Rides!

The latest trip on the Travel Channel...>>>

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/series-i ... Cne3TRnR-k

Series 14: Australia, Perth To Darwin on a KTM 1190... http://www.ktm.com/travel/1190-adventur ... CngCTTUI4g

Episode 1: Perth to Mewalla Farmstead.
Not much to see, excerpt flat desert, in intense heat.... and lots of flies!

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Did you here the one about the motorcyclist who was enjoying a glorious ride on the sea-to-sky highway in BC? A voice came from heaven and told him he was entitled to one great request before he passed. The guy thought for a sec (really just 1 second) and said "Lord, I'd like you to extend this highway across the Pacific ocean to Hawaii, where I can continue to admire your wonderful creations." There was a grumble of thunder in the distance as the Lord pleaded with him to think again, bearing in mind what a humongous feat of engineering this would take. The depth of the ocean being greater than the highest mountain. The foundations needed to support the columns, the amount of concrete and the balustrades. "Ok then" said the biker(sic) "how about if you let me in on the greatest secret of all time. To know, really know, a woman. Why she cries when you are nice to her, why she loses it when you ask her nicely for Liver and onions for tea. Or when she looks her best she has a headache. Why her mother knows everything and my mother knows nothing?" There was a pause and another grumble of thunder as the Lord replied " How many lanes do you want this highway?"
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:16 am

Log.... :D ...!

I gave up trying to figure out the inner workings of the female mind some 40-odd years ago.
I don't bother any more....(The Forbidden Zone).
I just go for a ride on my Bike now if I get the urge to do something pleasant... ;) ...!

Glorious weather, and I'm making the most of it, while it lasts!

Paul..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Last Sunday's forage into the depths of Wales (Great Britain)...>>>

Lovely weather!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Just finished watching another Henry Cole trip on the Travel Channel....>>>

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/series-i ... C7_dzQlWKI

After following the Atlantic Route 1 trip from Boston to Key West; tonight's episode led from Key West to New Orleans, via Florida West Coast, Miami, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

And one thing that I always found extremely pleasurable in the USA, is the absence of roadside hedgerows like we get on the European Continent!
The roads merge into grass or sand on either side of the roads, meaning that the glorious surrounding countryside is never obscured from view!

A motorcyclists easy-riding paradise!... :dance: ...!

Much of my countryside riding over here, is like riding down a long tunnel, bordered by high vegetation on both sides of the road, restricting my view on either side, often spoiling my journey..... :( ...!

How I yearn for some of those wide open Arizona Desert trips on Route 66!.... :D ...!

Paul....Off for another long ride this coming Weekend Sunday, weather permitting!..... :auto-sportbike: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 am

...and Sunday's trip in the freezing cold!

Quite sunny, slight breeze, but bloody cold, even with all my Winter Woollies under my riding gear!

Quite a few Bikers turned up, and braved the cold!

And a few shots of some if the nice hardware there...>>>

Some Harleys...>>>

A bloke with a fat tummy...and a monster Honda Gold Wing!...>>>

Quite a nice little Sunday run!

Back home now...with the central heating turned on, and Sunday Dins on the go!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Tonight's Biking episode on the TV Travel Channel.

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/series-i ... DWXijR5fUk

Series 4.
Episode 1:

1 Riding America's Wild West.

"Bike mad presenter Henry Cole heads off yet again into the wilds of America. This time riding America’s Wild West from San Francisco across California into Nevada, up through Idaho and Wyoming through Yellowstone national park to journey’s end in Billings Montana. On this 1500 mile ride Henry delights in the vast array of cultures, landscapes and characters he meets along the way and that make up the true dichotomy of this incredible adventure. From Stage Coach drivers, real Cowboys, native Americans, and bike gangs to Ferrari racers, mad truck collectors, total eccentrics and millionaire ranch owners. All this aboard the most ludicrous American Chop he’s ever ridden".

A Saxon Chopper fitted with an 1,800cc S&S vee-twin motor!

One of my favourite journeys through desert country, together with Route 66 further south.

A wonderful journey through an amazing landscape, including Yellowstone Park!

Paul...wish I was there!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 am

Here you go Motorcycle Chums!.... :D ...!

If you have a spare hour to spend travelling through some of the most amazing scenery in the World....

Southern California, Nevada, Arizona and Colorado, with a group of German tourists on hired Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

...and illustrating the reason why I spend so much time there every day in my Flight Sim, exploring all those magical places....

Sit/lie comfortably and enjoy watching a magical mystery tour here...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQy6kkC4k00

A few years ago, in my slightly younger days, I would have loved to have joined them!

Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:24 am

Had another fantastic blast this morning to meet up with the Bikers at Abergavenny!

Fabulous sunny day with a really strong breeze (head-wind!) which left me winding the throttle open more than usual, to cope with it!
Wrapped up in my Winter woollies and leather jacket, 'cos its still a bit cold!
Took a couple of Photos, had a mug of hot Tea, and made my way back home again for Sunday Dins....
...this time with a very strong tailwind instead, which left me grinning from ear to ear as my little 98cc Yamaha 2-stroke Bike reached the staggering speeds of 70+ Miles Per Hour....in places....your Honour!... :o ...!
There's nothing quite like riding on a Motor Bike, with a massive grin from ear to ear...trust me!.... :lol: ...!

Paul....Meep-meep.... :mrgreen: ...!

Honda Shadow...>>>

A very nice Harley Davidson Sportster!...(with my left handlebar mirror getting in the way!)....>>>
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby beaky » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:46 am

I've been riding my Silver Wing almost every day since I got her on the road last month- having fun, learning a lot, and making very practical use of this wonderful machine.
But I was itching to make a Big Trip before winter came this year. Since the end of this month was looking a bit slow, work-wise, and I was fairly flush, I decided to take a couple of weeks off and do something completely insane.

I've been on the road since thursday morning... rode the entire length of the magnificent Blue Ridge Parkway, camping along the way. The bike (which I haved named "Imoto", which means "little sister" in Japanese and is a pretty cool motorcycle name) has performed flawlessly. At the end of each day she seems to say "Why are we stopping? Let's ride some more!!" I LOVE this motorcycle. Averaging high 40s mpg on the interstate and a solid 50 on the speed-limited parkway and twisty local roads. The clock turned over 20,000 miles on this trip... I might have the old girl broken in before this trip is over, although it being a Honda, it could take a lot more.

Spent the last two nights at the excellent Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, in NC, near the bottom of the Parkway... this bonny tent site next to a babbling brook cost $15 a night, and the place has all the amenities, including a steady flow of crazy two-wheel trekkers from all over.

More report and pictures to follow; I gotta get going before full daylight. Today I am headed to Huntsville, AL to couch-surf one night at a friend's place, then tomorrow I'm off to New Orleans, LA to spend a few days at another buddy's house. Then at some point the week after, I will mosey home, probably taking interstates up to the Skyline Parkway, which I skipped on the way down.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Autos