Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby tomvaillencourt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:59 am

For years now, since the release of FSX, I have been desperately wanting models of Quicksilver Ultralights single and dual seat models for FSX. I am not the only one, I have seen many forum posts with interest in these aircraft. They are the pioneer of Ultralight aircraft and continue to be the top selling ultralight manufacturer, yet despite this no one has made any for FSX. Now with the boom in High resolution realistic scenery, getting down low and slow is even more desireable, and there are very few decent ultralights out there. Ant's Drifter is a great aircraft, but for Quicksilver lovers, its just not quite the same...
Is there any way someone out there could relieve us of these desperate fruitless searches for these Quicksilver Airplanes and finally make them for those of us who love grass roots wire braced ultralights? It would really be nice to finally be able to fly these in FSX before the game becomes obsolete.
The quicksilver GT400 and GT500 are good, but what I and others have been looking for are the MX series of models. Lago used to have one for FS2004, and theres one for FS2000, but nothing for FSX.
Thanks for your consideration,

Tom
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby hertzie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

The man who made great ultralights in the past was Dave Rowberry, but he got fed up with all the criticism from flightsimmers, especially from those who never in their life made anything by themselves........

If you send me a pm, maybe I can help you with something, but it's NOT for publishing!

Regards,

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:20 am

PM sent! :)
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:12 am

Just checking in, I did send a PM, are you able to help me out?
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Tom, sorry for the delay, but I was in France without a proper internet connection.

No, I didn't see your pm, but I did talk to David Rowberry and I think he's willing to help you.....

So try again sending a pm.

Regards, Erik.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Isn't it a shame that David is attacked this way.

I would have shut down simviation back in 1999 if I listened to those really nasty people. (they are still at it)

David should realise that for every 1 rat of a human that puts his work down -- there are 1000 silent sincere appreciators.

I would love to see what he comes up with - even if sadly it is a private release.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby logjam » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:45 am

I'm with you Pete.Here's to all those who put out and have to put up.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:36 am

Hey Hertzie,

I sent you this message via PM, but I'm posting it up here as well just in case my PM doesn't send again... oddly I show two PM's in my outbox, but nothing in my private messages "Sent" folder - I don't know what's wrong. Here is the text of the second PM I just sent you.. In the future -if its easier- we can go to email. (address at bottom)

Thanks for getting back to me, I was beginning to worry you forgot about me! LOL!
It would really be way above awesome if you guys could help me out on this, I've been wanting A good Quicksilver MX sprint or sport 2s for FSX since it first came out. In the years I have been searching I have seen many good attempts to create one, one of which had some very impressive screenshots of the development at the time which hinted at premium payware potential, but over time all of those projects were seemingly abandoned. attempts to contact the developers were always dead ends. At one point I had all but given up and figured I would try my hand at making my own using the SDK, but that was clearly going to be a no-go for me. I didn't have the first clue where to even begin.

Specifically I'm looking for a Quicksilver sport, sport2S, or sprint variant of the MX series. I prefer the cable braced models, but the strut braced are not terrible.

Please pass on to David Rowberry my appreciation for any help he could take the time to give me. It sincerely would bring great pleasure and relief to finally have my childhood dream aircraft here in my sim. I have searched and hoped for a long long time for this aircraft, and it seems that Ultralights are all but forgotten by the vast majority of flight simmers and because of this its not in developers interest to make them. With all the great stunning addon scenery available now, especially from ORBX and others, it really seems shameful to blast by it way up high.

Thanks again! ~Tom Vaillencourt
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:41 am

Tom, thanks for showing, but be very carefull by showing your e-mail address in an open forum!!!
Some f*****s are using programs just to collect those addresses, and then you could be attacked with ANYTHING.
Using PM is the right thing to do ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:52 am

I can't figure out how to edit the post. I can remove the address.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Pete,

I think David's still doing great things! Maybe a request from you as administrator with the remark you wrote above, with which I completely agree, will make him take in consideration his decision.

You never know, please give it a try. I failed once, unfortunately.....

Regards,

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:42 pm

What do you mean? you passed on my request and he declined? If so, I'm not sure I want to pester him... I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess... Thank you so much though for trying!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm

As it is YOUR request it's YOU who should ask him, NOT me!
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

I agree. I sent him an email.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:53 am

no luck. He's not interested. (In the model or in doing a one-off...) can't say I blame him. I just wish I could make one for myself. I tried the SDK and Gmax, and couldn't really figure out either one.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design