Which designing program was used ?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Which designing program was used ?

Postby hertzie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm

As I'm not a designer, only a converter, I sometimes have the problem that I can't convert an old CFS2 model to FSX because my frhed.exe-program tells me that it's not a mdl8, but a mdl610. So the plane will show up in FS9, but not in FSX. Can anybody tell me which designing-program was used that made mdl610's ?

Thanks, hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Which designing program was used ?

Postby Hagar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:04 pm

I suspect it was AF99 (Aircraft Factory 99). http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=18369

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hertzie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Hagar, thanks! I've sent them an email with my question, will let you know if I get a response.

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm

This is the relevant section of the MDL file of my own Banshee which was created in AF99 for CFS1.

I would not expect it to be compatible with FS9 - let alone FSX.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hertzie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Hagar,

Thanks a lot! My next question would be, but I don't know if you design yourself, if such a design could be converted to another designing program ( as you know, I'm not a designer, so maybe I ask the most stupid questions, forgive me for that ;-)).

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 am

Oh, I forgot: the plane that I would like to convert is the Boulton-Paul P-82 Defiant, originally once designed by Jed (I wish I knew who he was), which flies ok in CFS2 and FS9, though it's an mdl610.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I consider myself a developer rather than a designer. Many years ago I produced some aircraft for CFS1, CFS2 & FS2002 but that's as far as I go.

Oh, I forgot: the plane that I would like to convert is the Boulton-Paul P-82 Defiant, originally once designed by Jed (I wish I knew who he was), which flies ok in CFS2 and FS9, though it's an mdl610.

I assume you mean this one. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Boulton+Paul+Defiant&categoryId=83
I've checked it out & from what I can make out it was produced with an early version of FS Design Studio (FSDS 1.6?). Animation was added with a separate software named Aircraft Animator. I'm not familiar with the latest conversion techniques but I'd be surprised if it's fully compatible with FS9 & I doubt it's possible to convert this model for use in FSX.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hertzie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi Hagar, originally it was, but Erwin Welker & me have done quite a lot (for ourselves) to upgrade it. If you send me a pm with your email-adress I'll send you the whole aircraft, so you can have a look at it. And many thanks for your replies, it gives me a lot of info that mighy be useful.

Regards, hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Sending me the aircraft wouldn't help. Sorry. It's a long time since I did any of this sort of thing.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hertzie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Hagar, thanks anyway for your support!

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design