applying the downloaded mod

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

applying the downloaded mod

Postby blazingangel21 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm having trouble applying a downloaded mod for flight simulator 2002, i have downloaded it but i do not know what to do next, there are no instructions for it, is anyone willing to help me out?

the mod I downloaded is: FS2002 Default Boeing 747-400 Replacement Textures Figuring Typical Passenger and Cargo Airlines Worldwide
blazingangel21
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: applying the downloaded mod

Postby Webb » Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Follow the instructions here and in the readme file.

Make sure you backup first because you are going to have to modify your aircraft.cfg file.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 am

I think this is the file you're talking about. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FS2002+Default+Boeing+747-400+Replacement+Textures+&categoryId=

Detailed instructions are included in the file named readme.txt but it all looks very complicated to me. Even with many years of experience installing FS addons I have problems understanding it. I no longer have FS2002 installed so I can't try it.

Might be an idea to try installing a few standard repaints first.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:20 am

I have also had a look at this one. The general procedure of installing textures in any MSFS has been the same since before FS2002 - BUT!!

This one looks like a whole pile of effort - certainly not a user friendly file. I have installed and tested 1000's of files over the years. I even used to design the odd aircraft for FS2002 and this one looks like it would challenge me too.

If I were you I would just find individual liveries for your default FS2002 747 and install them. There should be lots available. (can't quite remember if FS2004 liveries can also be used in FS2002??)

Might save you some blood pressure!! :D
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Monaliza » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:10 pm

I'd be happy to help you with installing the mod for Flight Simulator 2002. Here are some general steps you can follow:

-Locate the downloaded mod file on your computer. It is usually in a compressed format like .zip or .rar.

-Extract the contents of the mod file to a temporary folder on your computer. You can use a file extraction tool like WinRAR or 7-Zip to do this.

-Once the files are extracted, look for any folders or files that are specific to the mod. In this case, you may find texture files for the Boeing 747-400.

-Navigate to the installation directory of Flight Simulator 2002. This is typically located in the "Program Files" folder on your computer.

-Look for a folder within the Flight Simulator 2002 directory that is related to aircraft textures or liveries. It may be named something like "Texture" or "Liveries."
Fun Games
-Copy the texture files from the temporary folder (step 2) into the appropriate folder within the Flight Simulator 2002 directory (step 5). Overwrite any existing files if prompted.

Launch Flight Simulator 2002 and check if the modded textures are applied to the Boeing 747-400.

Please note that these steps are general guidelines, and the specific installation process may vary depending on the mod and version of Flight Simulator 2002 you are using. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!
Monaliza
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2002