Need autobrakes

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Need autobrakes

Postby stephan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:35 pm

I downloaded an Alpha B1b and really like it.The panel is pretty good.I added a few extra gauges to it,but all in all,a nice craft.PROBLEM...I added an autobrake gau,and it doesnt work.I compared the B1b aircraft cfg with AC that have working autobrakes to see if I was missing something.Nothing noticed.I compared the AIR files as well.Nothing again.Then,I saw in a forum where FS9 has a problem with some AC that have points set up for dual wheels on each gear.The forum said to delete the extra point lines till there is one for the nose gear,and one each for the other 2 gear.I did this as well.Nothing.No autobrake.I guess the problem is going to be in that da'gone mdl cfg,right? There needs to be an editor created where people like myself,that want to add or change things can do so.SOME designers have no problem with their craft being modified,as long as they get credit for the initial model.Then,there are others that resent any modifications.THAT,I find a little childish.These folks cant say they havent modified their cars,motorcycles,or some other item in their possession at some point in their life.After all.flight sim is a form of entertainment.Nearly all of us have added scenery modifications and add-ons.Including these designers.So whats the harm.ANYWAY...how can I add autobrakes? SORRY about my rant.Hence...my motto..."Altitude With Attitude".
stephan

Re: Need autobrakes

Postby stephan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

So...no one has an idea how to modify anything to add autobrakes? Does anyone know if it is in the mdl file and cant be modified? Or should I look to some other site that may be able to help me with this problem?
stephan

Postby Gringo6 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Don't believe its in the model file. I'd suggest the following:

1. Add the autobrake switch from the B-737-400 to your panel and save.

2. Go into the ".air" file and look at file #338 Autobrakes. If it is "0" click on it and turn it into a "1"

3. Click on save and then exit.

4. I haven't tried this but it should work.
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby PhilFly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:36 am

In addition you may have to modify the aircraft.cfg file in the brakes section this way:

[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale=0.66
parking_brake=1
auto_brakes=4
PhilFly
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:07 pm

PhilFly wrote:In addition you may have to modify the aircraft.cfg file in the brakes section this way:

[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale=0.66
parking_brake=1
auto_brakes=4

..and if you want differential braking...(which I always do!)...>>>>

differential_braking_scale = 1.0 // rudder activated differential brakes

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks gents! I tried the panel cfg,and nothing worked there.I also am pretty sure I did the aircraft cfg and air file as well,but I will check.The differential brakes was something I JUST recently learned from inspecting an ac that had diff brakes for ground handling,and I applied it to one of my tail draggers that didnt have it and it worked. I believe it was my DeHavilland Comet. None the less,I will go back and check it again.Always a possibility I may have overlooked one of these potential fixes.Appreciate it guys! Thanks.
stephan

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design