Hopping and jumping AC while on ground

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Hopping and jumping AC while on ground

Postby stephan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Afternoon folks.I went to FSDome.com (as Simviation doesnt have this AC for FS9) and downloaded the ac Pelican from the game HALO.
The zip is for FS9 and was named HALO_Pel.zip
The problem I have,is the same one I get with AC that show on FS9 but are for FSX...the AC hops and jumps while on the ground.
This one doesnt jump as severely as some I have downloaded.This is ,as I said,listed for FS9. The ones that jump like crazy are for FSX that I try to use for FS9.
None the less,I am looking for the point adjustment or what ever it takes to prevent this hopping.It is VERY annoying.
Does anyone have the cure for this form of hiccup? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
//Stephan "Altitude with Attitude" // 8-)
stephan

Re: Hopping and jumping AC while on ground

Postby Jetranger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Sounds like you have an Aircraft preprogrammed to dance to Rap Music

Try switching to a Rock & Roll station !!!!! :D
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby MASABI TROOPER » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Yep, dancing planes are lovely....... <<q :D :o :doh:

Trooper
Bruno (Trooper)
MASABI TROOPER
Captain
Captain

Postby stephan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Yep...thanks for wasting my time guys.
stephan

Postby Russell Irwin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 pm

I have the same problem, but in reverse- FS9 aircraft jump around in FSX. I have no idea what caused it, but I noticed that it was particularly prevalent on Project Opensky's ERJ series.
Russell Irwin
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 am

In practice, a few (very few) of my aircraft bounce on the ground, (even to music), when I load them, but it stops within a couple of bounces....

...and then I just ignore it.... ;) ...!

Life is far too short to worry about it!...and the music was probably naff, anyway!... :lol: ...!

Paul....FS 2004/FSX....:mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:30 am

I get it with pretty much any aircraft in FS9 if I am taxing and cycle the views.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:41 am

wahubna wrote:I get it with pretty much any aircraft in FS9 if I am taxing and cycle the views.

Adam...

..there is nothing more taxing to the system than to be observing your aircraft bouncing around whilst you are taxiing!.... ;) ...!

...sorry mate!... :lol: ...!

Paul....Yellow Cab.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 am

Fozzer wrote:
wahubna wrote:I get it with pretty much any aircraft in FS9 if I am taxing and cycle the views.

Adam...

..there is nothing more taxing to the system than to be observing your aircraft bouncing around whilst you are taxiing!.... ;) ...!

...sorry mate!... :lol: ...!

Paul....Yellow Cab.... :mrgreen: ...!

Oh yes, my computer usually gets frustrated then in protests hold's its breath until it turns blue..... :lol: :dance:

(just kidding, no crashes)
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby ftldave » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:48 am

stephan wrote:...the AC hops and jumps while on the ground.

The contact points in the model's aircraft.cfg need to be adjusted. Here's how, from Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OXMCzawtsI
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:06 pm

To fltdave: Thanks bud. I know the others are trying to make light of the situation,but I didnt come here for entertainment and joking.I came here to ask for help and a possible solution.The video was a little off what I was needing,and I fly FS9.But,it appears that I will have to screw around with the settings like I have been.I have stopped the jumping,but now,if I taxi around a corner more than 6 kph,the AC wants to scrape wings.So,I can live with that for now.The jumping AC was ridiculous.Totally unrealistic.If I want stuff jumping around,I'll get a Nintendo and play Mario Bros.Thanks for your advice and link Dave. (y)
stephan

Postby stephan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I know at times,my comments may seem a little dry when others are looking to add a little friendly humor.I can appreciate that.But first and foremost on my plate is getting my AC fixed.Then,when it's fixed and I return to thank those who have tried to help,then,we can banter the humor.When I am fretting over one of the few things in my life that entertain me,humor is low on my list of priorities. Please dont let my dry attitude cause you to think I cant have fun with the humor here. Not true.I simply have a task at hand and want to get it completed before I do my clowning.
stephan

Postby garryrussell » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:47 am

I'm confused

You say these are FS.X aircraft in FS.9

FS.X aircraft will not work in FS.9 at all

However if it an aircraft that is FS9 and adapted for FS.X it will, but with issues

So it must be one of the latter in which case there should be and FS.9 version??
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby stephan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:05 pm

I will have to go back and read what all I have written.I have FS9 and use FS9 AC. Most are downloaded from Simviation. Whether I am sitting still,or taxiing,many of these AC will hop and jump slightly when I change views.Some will jump considerably also.Sometimes,after I change views several times,the AC will quit jumping for that flight session,but that is a rarity.Usually,the view changing will cause the jumping regardless how many times I change the views.The jumping may be of little concern to others,but it drives me nuts. // OK...I just re-read my previous posts.What I was saying was that when I try and use some of the AC made for FSX,most will jump.That,I can expect.What I also said was that I have downloaded AC listed as for FS9,and install them,and get the jumping effect as well.Now,...the FSX AC will jump and cartwheel all over the place.I simply uninstall them.But the AC for FS9 maks small hops and jumps whether sitting still at the gate,OR taxiing.And once it settles,all I need do is cycle thru the views and comeback to the spot view and it's hopping again. I have tried changing point settings and many other things and cant seem to stop this irritating problem.
stephan

Postby pete » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I presume you are talking about this aircarft (for fSX)

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=13&y=15

However you may be able to fix the problem by replacing the air file with one from an aircraft with similar flight characteristics.

For instance you may be able to use the air file here http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... p&x=17&y=9

& remember to back up your original -- and either copy and paste the contents of the air file (or use it as is and change the 'sim=*name of air file*' part of the aircraft.cfg file)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight