Please tell me what you think

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Please tell me what you think

Postby pete » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am

Hi

Well the Yabb forum was giving a lot of trouble - Yabb itself is known to be unstable with large post numbers - so a new forum was the only way to go. Converting the flat HTML to a php/mysql database forum was quite a task (and thanks to the high skills of Marin Atanasov Nikolov for resolving this) ... but now it has been done, converting to a whole range of other forums is now quite easy.

Personally I am not sure about the layout of this new phpbb forum at all. The links seem not to be obvious. It is going to be a task to make screenshots fully visible without having to right click .... & some other things ..

Please tell me what you think about it. It may just be a question of getting used to things?

I'd love to hear back - after all this is here for you guys!

Thanks

Pete
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Please tell me what you think

Postby andy190 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Pete,

I must admit I'm not to keen on this forum format either.

Far better than Yabb for you I'm sure but it just doesn't feel right.
andy190
Major
Major

Postby FoMoCo63 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 pm

It does seem like a huge undertaking, having the number 1 site redo all their formats.

I'm sure once all the indifferences get worked out this will be a grand site once again. For now when every page loads and is ready for viewing (including the Main Forum), only 3/4 of page from left to right is visible. To see the rest you have to scroll to the right, and resizing the screen only makes the text unbearably small.

I do know that DC3Airways uses the same format in their forums which I noticed when I did the World Rally 2012 with them. There were no issues there, and all was as it should be. Maybe your person could go there and have a look around and if he happens to stumble on the page Source under Views located on the Tool Bar while he's there, heck he might as well have a look then.

For now I am kinda staying away from here, it's hard to get around with having to do this, to see that, to go here to do this and not have that working properly.

Now don't go getting mad just because I came here to comment like you asked on "what do we think" so far. I have no doubt you will succeed.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 am

Me?

I have infinite patience, and confident that all will be successful in the passage of time!... :) ...!

Paul...passing time... ;D ...!

P.S...I think one thing that we have all noticed recently, is, that very annoying Spammers all too easily get onto the Forum, remain there for some time, and mess-up our threads!
The "Spam Filter" doesn't seem to be quite as efficient now, as it was on the previous Forum?

Spammers are a pain in the; "Forum"!... ;)
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bass » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:00 am

Well, i'm in for changes, (i need to), and i know changes takes time!

I'm sure it'll all come out as a benefit to ALL.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Romulus111VADT » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 am

It's coming along and has great potential.

I did got a chuckle out of one thing. Here we are in a new forum and I get busted from a LT Colonel to a civilian. It's no big deal; I just got a good ole chuckle out of it..... ;D

Not really sure where I'll ever use O0 ; so here's my first post using it..... ;D
Romulus111VADT
Major
Major

Postby pete » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Yea -- getting there slowly -- there is no easy way to do this so it's trial and error - which is a real PIA ....

But step by step we're making progress towards a forum you guys are going to be happy with. (very happy in the end is where I am aiming)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Steve M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Wow This format is so much nicer! ;)
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby andy190 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Wow Pete, my opinion of this format has changed from yesterday.

It looks far better. Great job. ;D
andy190
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 am

Steve M wrote:Wow This format is so much nicer! ;)

WOW!!!! I hafta second Steve's comment with enthusiasm! Very nice upgrade.

A huge thank you Pete, and any others involved, on making SimV even better that it was. I appreciate it a lot!!!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Site Questions & Feedback