I suggest the 'Payware' section should be moved up

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

I suggest the 'Payware' section should be moved up

Postby Dave71K » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:16 pm

It's far more relevant to Flight sim than 'The Cage' or 'Tweaking & Overclocking' yet it is at the very bottom of the main page....and lets face it people who use purely default FSX with no payware are few and far between.

Many posts in the 'Payware' section are people asking for genuine advice about spending their hard earned money and they go unread because people simple don't ever see them or because they can't be bothered scrolling that far down.

I suggest it should be moved up to between the 'Design Forums' and 'General'
Dave71K

Re: I suggest the 'Payware' section should be moved up

Postby pfevrier » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:05 pm

The man makes a point...  ;)
-Pierre-
pfevrier
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 am

people who use purely default FSX with no payware are few and far between

The part between default and payware makes up the biggest element by far in the world of FS - it's called freeware.  :)

Freeware is the wind in the sails of this whole hobby and solely why it has come this far .. .
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:21 am

I feel very proud to report that in 14+ years of daily Microsoft Flight Simming, my only use of aircraft and scenery has always been both Default and Freeware aircraft, etc.... :)...!
They fulfil all my needs!
My gracious thanks go to all the dedicated Freeware designers who keep me happy with all their fantastic work.
I have yet to come across a Payware aircraft that would keep me happier than the myriad of available Freeware aircraft out there!
And for me, the beauty of FS 2004, which I presently run, is that most of the FS 2000 and
Last edited by Fozzer on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave71K » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:51 am

So what you are saying is far from being a general flight sim forum this is more of a freeware and designers forum?

I have freeware aircraft and yes some are amazing. But at the end of the day they don't and never will compare to payware addons. 

I've used flight simulators since MS Flightsim 2000 when I was 11 and I've been flying since and nothing compares to the level of realism in the sim I am getting now with payware.

I guess if your happy flying about in Cessnas all the time then fair enough but I simply couldn't fly a airliner without a flight management system now, and that functionality is not going to be found in a freeware addon.

From the response I've getting it seems like people who use payware are actually looked down upon.

I'm not asking you to change the whole site I'm asking you to move 'Payware' up so it's not second to last.  Payware is FAR more relevant than the three setions above it.

Those being 'Other websites' 'Combat Flight Simulators' (which have their own dedicated forums) and 'Simviation Site'.

I am not discussing the quality of freeware or the work of their designers I am asking for that section to be moved.
Dave71K

Postby Club508 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 pm

All I know is, I'm one of those few and far between.  I have only default and freeware in my hangars, and unless someone buys it for me, it's staying that way.
Simviation's backbone is freeware, and I honestly hope to see it stay that way.  Many of the big and really good payware providers have their own forums, so if you're looking for something like that, I'd say go to their forums for that part and maybe just leave a small note or something in the payware sections.
I'd say Simviation's just as perfect as perfect gets. ;)
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Dave71K » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Your missing the point, I'm not saying payware is better or freeware is bad or there should be less importance towards freeware.

I am just saying the payware section should be moved up.

Everyone is starting a payware/freeware debate. I am saying Payware is more relevant to this forum that the two sections above it that's all.

There are A LOT of people who use it on here, if you don't then good for you, I just think it should be moved up from second to the bottom.
Last edited by Dave71K on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave71K

Postby Club508 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 pm

No, no, no.  The main part of what I was getting at is that freeware is the heart of simviation, and besides, what does it matter what it is in top to bottom order anyway?  I feel like we're kind of arguing over something like who gets what blade of grass. :P
Club508
Major
Major

Postby BigTruck » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:01 am

Your missing the point, I'm not saying payware is better or freeware is bad or there should be less importance towards freeware.

I am just saying the payware section should be moved up.

Everyone is starting a payware/freeware debate. I am saying Payware is more relevant to this forum that the two sections above it that's all.

There are A LOT of people who use it on here, if you don't then good for you, I just think it should be moved up from second to the bottom.

The forums aren't in order of relevance Dave.  I am an huge payware user myself.  It's just how it falls in.  SimV is founded and based on freeware yes, but the forums aren't biased, it's just the order that they were configured and to rearrange that would be a huge undertaking amongst all the other issues Pete has to deal with on a daily basis. 
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Suggestions for these forums