Issues with FSX and memory

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Issues with FSX and memory

Postby BE58D » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 am

I have been having issues with FSX freezing using Carenado aircraft, REX Essentials + Overdrive and MyTraffic 2013.
Last edited by BE58D on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Pavillion = p7-1233w
3.20GHz Processor
24GB of RAM (Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB though) :'(
Radeon 7560D - 4059MB
1TB SATA Internal Hard Drive
BE58D
Major
Major

Re: Issues with FSX and memory

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Sorry if it offends, but it sounds as if you
Last edited by OldAirmail on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

I'd say look into a Better Graphics Card, and a better faster processor.

Now with that being said,,, IF you do go get a better Graphics card, YOU need to definetly look at the POWER SUPPLY Required to operate that New Video Card / Graphics card !!

I upgraded my Graphics card, and I also found out that the current POWER SUPPLY I had was NOT going to power the New XFX series Video card ! ( Very Very Important) !! 

So definely READ the side of the Box of the newer Graphics card,, before you buy it,, so you'll know before hand,, IF you also need to upgrade your main power supply !!

I ended up with a 650 Watt Power Supply, the requirements for the New XFX Video card that I got, was 600 Watts.

I operate / run FSX Gold / Acceleration on High settings

NO REX
only a few enhancents, 
Freeware Orbx grass scenery
FS Scene Global Scenery
few ORBX Scenerys
PAYWARE Scenery from Pac Sim / Pacific Island Scenerys
and over 4,000 Aircraft in my FSX Simulator to date.

what I see happening is a lotta people trying to JAM a whole bunch of supposed programs / products into the sim / computer, because it says its for this sim or that sim,, so it must be OK ???

Ya, but it doesn't all work together and jive, like its supposed to,, either, especially with low or medicore computers especially.

Bout' like taking Coffee & MILK and dumping down your Engine,, its Liquid right, so it'll go in, just like oil,, and everything be just hunky-Dory - right ,, cause its Liquid  ;D ;D  ::) ::)  :-? :-?   

Remember this - KISS ( Keep it Simple Stupid) you'll be way btter off in the long run !

I'd rather be Flying enjoying the Fine Aircraft out there and scenery - NOT constantly Tinkering with programs and the computer trying to Fix things , thats the case, so much for the actual joy of the flying simulator - you've now become a Virtual Fix it Technician , instead of a Virtual Sim Pilot, like so many intended to be !!

Video card, Power Supply and better processor - you'll be set - I'd say !

But what do I know,,  ::) - I'm just sum ol' Sim Pilot with 4000 Aircraft in my Sim,, ::)  :-?  ;D !

Dats, my 2-cents worth ,  ;)  ::)

Jet
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 am

You should be running FSX very good!
That being said, the question could be, how much programs/startup/processes you have running along with FSX, ref your memory problems.

You could try
http://game-booster.en.softonic.com/
Just to see if it helps.
Good luck.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby BE58D » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 pm

So the deal is definitely an add-on, I'm thinking maybe MyTraffic 2013. Because after installing it for the 1st time, loading of FSX diminished from about 45 seconds to about 3 minutes!!! I researched the manufactures website and forums, and was advised that it's a known issue (decreased loading time). I bought Instant Object Scenery by Flight1 that's done in FSX (WYSIWYG) and added my 16GB of RAM, I tried running FSX and it wouldn't do anything... had to re-install AGAIN!!! I haven't added anything back into FSX (MyTraffic 2013, REX, Carenado Aircraft or Instant Object Scenery), took it for a brief test flight and things seem to be working fine. So, my next step is to add the aircraft and test it, if all is good... then REX and if all is still good, I'll go for Instant Object Scenery and see what happens. If things are still good, I'll re-install MyTraffic 2013... I really think it is MyTraffic 2013 eating up all of my RAM. I know my video card isn't rated as the best, but I would think 4GB would suffice.

@OldAirMail, I've been working with computers since I was 12 (28 years now that I've been working with them)... I wrote my first functioning word processor when I was 13. I've been around the block a few times, I'm not offended but instead of treating me like an idiot and that I know nothing by telling me "I'm wasting my money on something when I don't seem to know what the problem is"... BTW, I had already done everything you mentioned. I didn't (still don't) know what the problem is, now it's to the power of deduction.

@Jetranger, I reviewed my video card online and have seen that it isn't the greatest for gaming (assuming for newer games)... But, being that FSX was released so long ago and that the video card is so much newer (4GB, I remember having a Nvidia GeForce that was only 256MB) that it would suffice! However, the cards I've been looking at are out of my price range right now.

@Bass, I downloaded a program earlier today called Autoruns (featured by Microsoft)... I'll definitely have to check out your link though!

However, all in all... I'm a bit annoyed, with 24GB (2x4 and 2x8) of RAM installed (machine accepts up to 32GB) only 16GB usable because apparently Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB, so in order to expand beyond that I need to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional ($90) or Ultimate ($140)!!! But my boot time from power on and password sign-in to fully functional has gone from 1 minute and 22 seconds to 52 seconds! LOL
BE58D
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:20 am

As I said "sorry if it offends".

HP Pavillion = p7-1233w
3.20GHz Processor
8GB of RAM (expandable to 32GB)
Radeon 7560D - 4059MB

With all that experience, you should be aware that a great many people are using far less capable equipment without the problems that you are exhibiting.

"I'm a bit annoyed, with, 24GB (2x4 and 2x8) of RAM installed (machine accepts up to 32GB) only 16GB usable because apparently Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB, so ..."

Your words, not mine.

Not throwing money at the problem?

I’ll stand by my first assessment "It’s probably not your equipment", and just leave it at that.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby BE58D » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:20 am

OldAirmail wrote:As I said "sorry if it offends".

HP Pavillion = p7-1233w
3.20GHz Processor
8GB of RAM (expandable to 32GB)
Radeon 7560D - 4059MB

With all that experience, you should be aware that a great many people are using far less capable equipment without the problems that you are exhibiting.

"I'm a bit annoyed, with, 24GB (2x4 and 2x8) of RAM installed (machine accepts up to 32GB) only 16GB usable because apparently Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB, so ..."

Your words, not mine.

Not throwing money at the problem?

I’ll stand by my first assessment "It’s probably not your equipment", and just leave it at that.

Ok, the memory capabilities of Windows 7 Home Premium was my fault, that I'll admit. When I am having the issues I am getting a message from processes running say that FSX is using a large amount... 98-99%, I think I have resolved the problem anways.
BE58D
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 am

[quote="BE58D"]...

... When I am having the issues I am getting a message from processes running say that FSX is using a large amount... 98-99%, I think I have resolved the problem anways.[/quote]

Just what did resolve your problem?
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby BE58D » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 pm

OldAirmail wrote:
BE58D wrote:...

... When I am having the issues I am getting a message from processes running say that FSX is using a large amount... 98-99%, I think I have resolved the problem anways.[/quote]

Just what did resolve your problem?

MyTraffic 2013, once I installed it again... that's when the 'fatal error' message started happening again.
BE58D
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks, I'll avoid that one.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Hardware