my tv out now works

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

my tv out now works

Postby stan » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:42 pm

I have a PNY gforce 4 ti 4200 64mb card . I have been
trying for about a year to get my tv out to work.
Yesterday I was looking at a thread that said theres a new set of drivers that will allow you to enable your
tv out . Heres the thread

[had the same problem with my video card. I have Triplex TX-680 which is based on Geforce 4 MX440 AGP8X. I also tried drivers that you did, but then I tried download drivers 42.82 from Guru3Dand my TV-Out worked. There is a special option in those drivers than other drivers don't have (I don't know about 43.00 becasue I haven't checked them yet). After installing those drivers, go to "NView Display Setting", then press "Device Setting" in bottom left corner, then "Select Output Device", then "Advanced", and then click "Check here if you have TV connected but remains unselectable". If It require you to restart PC, do it. After that, your TV-Out function should work.
What Video card are you using (just I want to know )?
Let me know if that worked. Good luck!!!!]

I am using the 43.00 drivers from guru 3d website
And I now have excellent tv out on my tv

I hope this helps someone
stan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: my tv out now works

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:40 pm

Hi Stan...!
Thanks for the tip.
I have the same card and have never got it to work in  TV out mode.
What sort of input connection do you have on the back of your TV?
..is it a SCART connection?
My set is an ancient one and only has an aerial input socket... :'(....!
What sort of cable/connectors do you use to connect the card to the TV set?
(My, (short), supplied cable with the card has a PS2 plug in one end, (for the card), and a phono socket on the other end).
( The graphics card does not contain a modulator which complicates things somewhat)!

Thanks...
Paul.
(England).

P.S. I have a DVD player in my 'puter and it would be nice to watch movies on the TV instead of my monitor!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stan » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:21 pm

Hi fozzer.
what I did since my videocard came without any cables
is I purchased a standard s video cable 4 pin . plugged it into my video card then into a s video to rca adapter then into a regular rca video cable to my tv with has a rca video in connecter . and with the 43.00 drivers . they
were released buy pny by the way . my tv out is great.
It sounds like you have a converter that came with your
card . I think you can buy  or make a cable that is rca to coaxial then to a coaxial to aerial connecter . then I think you need to select channel 3 or 4 .Im not sure on this . But I do know your card will give you tv out with
the 43.00 detonater drivers.
stan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:50 pm

Hi Stan...!
...you are definately the man...!
Can you get out your favourite version of PaintShop Pro and do me a diagram of the connections?

The back of my card has a PN2-type socket with, I think, 5 pins. Note: out of those 5 pins, only 2 would be required for the aerial socket, ...centre-pin and Earth.
The back of my TV only has a Phono-type aerial socket.
It may be that the cable supplied with my card has the wrong pin connections for my aerial arrangement on my TV.

None of my equipment has S-Video input sockets... :'(...!

Cheers Stan...
Paul.
(England).

P.S.  I enquired about all of this at my local Dixons/Computer store.....blank expressions.... ::)...!
LOL...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stan » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:17 pm

Hi fozzer ,
do any of your connections look like the pictures at this
site ?

http://www.svideo.com

this is my type of connections.
stan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Hi Stan...!
Yep, the cable does look like the one I have, S-Video to RCA.
But it's only 6 inches long and I'm not sure if the correct pins are used in the plug!!
I need a much longer cable!

Thanks for the Site info, excellent, (I've saved it), and I'll pop into my local computer store and get them to have a peek at the site on their computer and recommend a suitable connector for me.

Thanks again Stan for your help.
I'll let you know later how I get on with it...!

Cheers...
Paul.
(England).
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:48 pm

WOW!!! THANKS!!! I have been failing to get CFS3 on my telly for ages! I'll try all this tommorow! Fingers crossed!
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware