Increasing Graphics Performance

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Increasing Graphics Performance

Postby FlyingFox » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:59 pm

What can i do to increase the speed of my graphics card.....its a Radeon 9000.......ive heard a number of people talking about the sliders.......could somebody explain and/or make any suggestions please?

Thanks
FlyingFox
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Increasing Graphics Performance

Postby codered » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:26 pm

The sliders people may be talking about is in the settings portion of flight sim.  These sliders can be adjusted to decrease or increase the ground textures and items, the aircraft textures, and the video settings.  The best way I increased my frame rates was to turn off multi texturing.  When you climb to altitude you won't notice the difference until you come down to the ground and even then it looks fine to me.  Pluse turning off the water effects is another way to gain frame rates.  You still see the water but it doesn't animate or have reflections.  This way the computer isn't worried about the unimportant things.  My planes still look good and the buildings look good, and in my opinion the ground looks fine.  I am able to keep the scenery at very dense and the dynamic at dense, without the suffering frame rates of the card trying to render every last detail.
Windows XP SP1
Motherboard: Epox 8RDA + main board
Processor: AMD XP2500 Barton CPU
Memory: PC2700 1gb Geil DDR
Hard Drive: SEA HDD IDE 40GB 7M 40GPP
Hard Drive: Western Digital 40gb 8mb cache
Monitor 15 LCD Flat Panel Displa
codered
Major
Major

Re: Increasing Graphics Performance

Postby FlyingFox » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:42 pm

Thanks for takin the time to clarify that for me, Codered...... :)
FlyingFox
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Hardware