Good Quality Control Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Good Quality Control Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

Postby Six » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 pm

I was looking for a good quality control stick, throttle control and rudder pedals to use for flying fighter aircraft. Which ones do you recommend?

And, years ago, I experienced problems with control sticks because the potentiometers would wear out. You would center the stick and you would start to roll or pitch because of the worn out pots. Is this still a problem today?
Six
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Good Quality Control Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

Postby Canuck1955 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:28 pm

I bought the Russian VKB Gladiator II j/s about 2 years ago. No collusion! It is heavy duty and a marvelous piece of kit. Similar quality to the way more expensive Warthog. Before that I had a Saitek X 52 which I still occasionally use which I bought in 2004 and would recommend that also. I use the throttle part in DCS.
Pedals - I do not use as they tear up the hardwood floor and SWMBO would be upset. :naughty: and they are a bit of pain anyway.
If you are in the market for a Yoke, hold out for the new and excellently reviewed Honeycomb one due almost immediately. Austin Meyer of X-Plane endorses it.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Good Quality Control Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

Postby Six » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Canuck,

Thank you for telling me about the Gladiator Mk II. I have never seen this control stick before. It looks really nice. The MCG Modern Combat Grip looks great too. So if I get the Gladiator Mk II I would probably replace the grip with the Modern Combat Grip.

VKB also has rudder pedals, but they don't have any throttle controls. Is there any particular company that makes a good quality throttle control that you would recommend I use with the Gladiator Mk II?

Thanks,

Six
Six
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Hardware