Official Bulletin : MADCATZ is out of Business / Bankrupt

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Official Bulletin : MADCATZ is out of Business / Bankrupt

Postby Jetranger » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:47 am

Just now getting wind of this thru Air Daily X News

MADCATZ is officially out of Business / Bankrupt

Who is this Mad Catz ???

They were the makers of SAITEK Digital Flight Yokes, Rudder Peddles and that Throttle Quadrant ,,,,

I have all 3 Saitek items above.

So far they've worked great since my 2011 purchase. no gripes or issues .

All I can say is Thanks.

MORE on this bit of Informational News : MadCatz is Bankrupt : http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/4/2/madcatz-folds-bankrupt-out-of-business
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Official Bulletin : MADCATZ is out of Business / Bankrup

Postby yancovitch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm

maybe someone will take over production.....hmmmmmi thought they were quite popular............
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Awaken » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 pm

yancovitch wrote:maybe someone will take over production.....hmmmmmi thought they were quite popular............

Someone did, thankfully, Logitech. Logitech has taken over the MadCatz/Saitek flight control products and they are readily available now. :dance:
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:26 am

Logitech may have taken over the rights Saitek gear but they don't advertise any of the items on their webpages. That doesn't mean they will continue manufacture. This is a shame as I am currently needing to replace my X-52 which is 12 years old now and not so accurate any more. I won't touch anything by MadCatz as the QC went way down when they got involved. I am seriously looking at the VKB Gladiator II stick. Seems to get really good reviews and built like a tank.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TryHinkel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:44 pm

I perused Logitech's site and they do indeed now advertise many items from the Saitek line-up. So far, they're offering the old yoke, old rudder pedals, throttle quad, instrument panel, radio panel, multi panel and switch panel, as well as the X56 HOTAS, X52 HOTAS and HOTAS Professional, and Extreme 3D Pro joysticks. The Cessna line-up appears no more, probably likely due to a non-transferable licensing agreement from Cessna. I did bring the matter up to Cessna and asked if they may be likely to enter into a license with Logitech, the new owner of Saitek, to manufacture new Cessna gear, as it is vastly superior to the original Saitek yoke & rudder pedals designs, as well as manufacture more trim wheels, the prices of which have increased insanely in the NOS and used market. No reply from Cessna as of yet...
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TryHinkel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Received a reply back from Textron, Cessna's parent company...and it stated:

"Hi, Robert.

Thanks for reaching out. We will certainly pass along your message to our flight simulation team for their consideration. We appreciate your support!

Kind regards,

Textron Aviation Corporate Communications"

Having taken courses (and participated) in Business Communications, it essentially translates to: "No, thank you."
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware