New video card, odd visuals, need advice

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

New video card, odd visuals, need advice

Postby TryHinkel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 pm

I upgraded the graphics of my Dell OptiPlex 745 from motherboard to an MSI NVidia GeForce 210 (1GB, PCI-e) tonight, fired it up...and noticed a change...

The Royal Duke I fly was fine until tonight; now, the wing control surfaces, trim tab and cabin hatch are contrasted to the rest of the airframe. It all matched before the card, now this contrast issue:

Even the spinners appear contrast-halved as they spin. I'm new to graphics cards, would anyone know what I should do? Thanks!
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New video card, odd visuals, need advice

Postby napamule » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:21 am

What drivers did you install? The ones on the CD that came with the video card? They are outdated. They might do for MS Office or even Photo Shop but not FSX. You need to go to card manufactuer site and download the proper drivers FOR THAT CARD that work on Win version 32 or 64 bit. The drivers that Windows installs is 'generic' so they might cause this problem.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TryHinkel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:42 am

I did get the current, specific driver for the exact model of card, uninstalled previous software, installed fresh version, it appears no change. I'll try tweaking with settings, see where it goes...
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby shawnmark » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 pm

kuhli wrote:Which video and wifi card you guys suggest, I'm building a gaming PC fr gaming and streaming and need good video card and high data transfer wifi card.

I would suggest you TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 or Asus PCE-AC68. These two cards best in performance and speed. You can also find the reviews of best wifi cards here.
shawnmark
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby napamule » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:18 am

Looking at the specs of that Dell ($100) PC is shows Dual core 1.86 Ghz with DDR2 Ram. This will NEVER work with FSX even with a $500 video card. Get real. You need at least 3 Ghz (3.5 to 4 ghz is better) and at least DDR3 (DDR4 is better) ram for FSX. Sorry, but that's the facts. Good luck.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware