saeitek

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

saeitek

Postby kennyeva » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:30 pm

I am new to FSX and have purchased and installed several saeitek products. I was able to get the switch, radio, pro flight yoke and rudders working with FSX.

My instrument panels light up but do not synch with FSX software. I have tried them thru hubs and directly into my usb 3,o computer port. Any help would be appreciated.
kennyeva
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: saeitek

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Three things of import.

Some Saitek equipment doesn't work well with USB 3. The problem can come and go, so even if it's working at the moment, plug them into a USB 1 or 2 port. They don't need the speed anyway.

Did you download the SPECIFIC Pro Flight Instrument Panel driver or the universal driver? If the "universal driver", go to the UK Saitek driver site and download the Pro Flight Instrument Panel driver - Driver and Software Downloads. I don't know why, but the driver from the UK site works best.

The one that you want is called - Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64_Software.

Next. Do you have Windows 10? Read and do what they say here - Fix issue: USB Ports not Working in Windows 10

Not a "MUST DO", but a "you should probably do". Uninstall all of the Saitek software except the Pro Flight Instrument Panel driver, and get a free program called - SPAD. This free program will give you MUCH better control over your Saitek panels (except for the Pro Flight Instrument Panel). I use a newer, more powerful program called SPAD.neXt, but the older SPAD is easier to use, and as I said, MUCH better than the Saitek panel drivers.

Other than that, Welcome to SimV.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:35 pm

I would avoid Saitek's own software. It is clunky and awkward to use. SPAD and/or Spad.Next is the way to go and in combination with FSUIPC a much more usable situation is reached. I have found the switch panel has to be directly connected to a USB on the PC else it works intermittently, whereas all other panels can and do connect through a powered hub without issue.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby kennyeva » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks for answering my question. I have windows 7.1 Ultimate w/sp1. I have downloaded spad and the spad next manual. I will check and ensure I have the drivers you recommended. Thanks again !
kennyeva
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby TryHinkel » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 pm

I've noticed that Saitek's software has issues all across the map...especially the yokes and their "phantom button presses". Still good controllers, as long as the CD-ROMs are ignored.
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware