My whole wide Laptop got FREEZiNG, STUTTERiNG & LAGGiNG

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

My whole wide Laptop got FREEZiNG, STUTTERiNG & LAGGiNG

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:00 pm

So much for my "reddot design award winner 2007" & its "HP Radiance Imprint Finish" that provides enduring high-gloss style... so much style for so much iNSTABiLiTY when playing FS2004 (all three versions at that, a very democratic TOTAL failure). So there we go: first scan the whole rigamarole with Avira antivirus, then the Malwarebytes antimalware, then defragment the hard disc... taking most of the day!! & NADA!! My flight enjoyment was more Kaput than enjoying this Forum with Tbus negativity & frustration...

Next I started noticing a decline in screen brightness after every freeze & stutter, and the charching light went on & off. Yes, the Lap batery is aged & lasts 15 minutes at the most after unpluging. Might this be something going burned in the mother board? First I made shure that screen intensity was at the same level when connected or when charging. No more screen flicker after that. For two years now, if the BiOS checks the Hard Disc it reports that I have to change it. That is no little affair because it includes the HP RECOVERY PARTiTiON (D:) & Local Disc (C:). That is the ViSTA original from Microsoft, so first I will have to make that Recovery into 3 CD's, like instructed by Microsoft themselves. But when Windows Scans the hard disc, there are no faults. Only when the BiOS takes over. And I clean fans & Lap interior regularly, no liquid or solid food spills, & blast all cat hairs from the area, daily.

Next thing I tried was take the battery off & work the Lap connected. After 5 minutes, it just went off with no warning. When I touched the HP battery charger, it was burning hot!! Having a Universal battery charger that I borrow to friends, when they visit me forgeting their Lap charger (hapens to EVERYBODY it seems) I connected it, & VOiLÁ!!

My flying FS 2004 days are back!! And the Universal Battery Charger is ONE THENTH the price of an original HP charger :clap: :clap: :clap: (& not in HP stock, any more!! :snooty: :think: :doh: )
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: My whole wide Laptop got FREEZiNG, STUTTERiNG & LAGGiNG

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm glad that you have it working again ( :clap: :clap: :clap: ), but what did people do with their time before the invention of computers ???
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:41 pm

A deck of cards, a six-pack of beer......
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Thu May 12, 2016 3:14 pm

B0ikat wrote:A deck of cards, a six-pack of beer......

...a domino set, a jar of Cuba Libre (rum&coke), a lady cooking botanas (snacks) & hand made tortillas... :lol: :clap: ...build & fly RC models with the kids... :think:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Hardware