Visibility reduced by 1/3rd.....

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Visibility reduced by 1/3rd.....

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:30 am

My trusty Alba 22 inch, flat-screen TV, which I have watched, from new, for the past couple of years, has now gone to the Alba 22 inch flat-screen TV Heaven in the sky..... :cry: ....!

It has now developed an area 1/3rd of the way up the screen which no longer displays the screen details..... :o ...!

Its also the area which normally displays any text relating to screen/sound adjustments, etc, so I am stuffed..... :violin: ...!

Most modern; "electronic stuff" is non- repairable, (unlike in the olden days), so I am now left with the probability that I will have to purchase a new Alba 22 inch flat-screen TV again, to watch all the naff TV programs which are now broadcast on TV!
The only thing I miss, actually, is the ability to watch all my Motorcycle videos, and the various You-Tube Videos, "cast" from my Computer to my TV (Chrome-cast)!

http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome ... AuBp8P8HAQ

My video world has new been reduced by 1/3rd.... :roll: ...!

Looks like another £120 to be sucked out of my Bank Account for a new TV!.... :o ...!

...arse!.... :twisted: ...!

..and its yet another damp, cold, miserable day in England!

...how could anything get any worse?....I ask you?... :( ...!

Paul.... ;) ...!

.... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Visibility reduced by 1/3rd.....

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:06 am

Looks like a golden opportunity to upgrade! I bought a 40" Samsung LED screen a few years ago when my last CRT telly went phut. I couldn't believe the quality of the picture, and the large size is much easier on my ageing eyes. Got a PS3 as well, (for playing blue-ray discs) but there are no serious flight sims or truck sims for it....bummer!
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:14 am

40 Inch...... :o ....!

Bragging again!..... ;) ... ;) ...!

Actually, after my previous portable TV, equipped with a 17 inch Cathode-Ray Tube died, my Sister treated me to my Alba 22 inch flat-screen TV which suited me perfectly, as it only cost £99 at the time from Argos, and the fact that I haven't got the patience to watch TV most of the time, I generally fall asleep, mid-program!.... :? ....!
Also...
...when I visit my children and friends, and watch their 6-foot TV's, my eyes cannot encompass the whole screen to observe what is going on!
I am constantly rotating my head to scan the enormous screen until I lose consciousness and fall off the chair!.... :doh: ...!

I am quite happy with 22 inches.... :dance: ...!

...(as the Bishop said to the Actress).... ;) ...!

A replacement 22-inch TV will cost me £119, complete with a DVD drawer for Movies....(time to fall asleep again)...:sleeping-yellow: ....!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

I've only been listening to FM Radio on my faulty TV all day today!.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

I have a LG Flatron 22" monitor which has served me well for 7 years. I use it (used) as a remote monitor for my laptop, which since I upgraded to windows 10 no longer supports external monitor. Shame you live so far away. I am using an all-in-one HP Envy 27 on win 10.1 now, which uses a Radeon 7660D display adapter. If anything goes t*ts up, I'll need to replace the whole thing.
10 years ago I bought a LG 42" 720p LCD TV, which cost me the earth back then. It lasted 7 years (warranty was for 6 years :? ). I found out that if anything goes bad it's all on one board, so I paid 1/10th for a new board and installed it myself. If it goes again, I'll splash out for the latest and greatest, but until then, it stays. I think by then, I'll have an armchair 'puter/simulator/tv snack table sitting next to my pine box in the living room. Hmm, maybe I'll have it all installed IN the pine box :think:
logjam
Major
Major

Return to Hardware