Best nVidia Driver?

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Best nVidia Driver?

Postby Zaphod » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Guys and Gals.
Not posted in a while as major computer problems have meant I haven't been doing any flying recently.
Here's my problem. After a full hard drive failure I have had to re-install every thing from scratch and although I now have FSX+A back I have some graphics issues. I seem to remember back in the day I had a rush of blood to the head and updated the driver for my NVidia gtx480 card and had the same problem I'm having now. Runway textures are "bleeding" through each other and constantly flickering. I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know of a previous version of the driver which may cure my problem. A link to the download would really help also.

Many thanks in advance.
Zaphod.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But why take the risk?
Windows 10
Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz (8mb Cache)
MSI X58 Pro-E MoBo
MSI GeForce GTX 1050ti oc
Corsair MXS
Zaphod
Captain
Captain

Re: Best nVidia Driver?

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Zaph....

Have you still got your original CD of the drivers which came with the card?.....

I often find that they are the most reliable!

Then start off from there...

Paul...."Newer" is not always "Better"....as the Bishop said to the Actress!... :dance: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Zaphod » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Hey Fozz...
Long time no hear.
How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Unnaturally mild down here in the soft South.
I seem to remember you gave me the same advice many years ago after my first rush of blood. Not even sure at this stage if the card came with a disc or not. I seem to remember I was able to download an older driver from the net which sorted it out but the old grey cells can't remember what version.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Zaph.. :dance:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But why take the risk?
Windows 10
Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz (8mb Cache)
MSI X58 Pro-E MoBo
MSI GeForce GTX 1050ti oc
Corsair MXS
Zaphod
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Zaphod wrote:Hey Fozz...
Long time no hear.
How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Unnaturally mild down here in the soft South.
I seem to remember you gave me the same advice many years ago after my first rush of blood. Not even sure at this stage if the card came with a disc or not. I seem to remember I was able to download an older driver from the net which sorted it out but the old grey cells can't remember what version.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Zaph.. :dance:

Hello Zaph....

Lucky old you. I am slowly drowning up here, in wet old Herefordshire!

Old Stuff....>>> http://www.oldversion.com/

....useful...but it may not cure your problem!

It didn't cure my problem...I still have to keep taking the tablets... :cry: ...!

Paul.... :lol: ....!

Wishes?....I am wishing it would stop bloody raining!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware