Super power your joystick

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Super power your joystick

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:08 pm

I think that most people like their joystick.

And even if they don't think that it's the best in the world, it's ok. They're used to it.

But what if you could turn your joystick into Super Joystick? :think:

Your joystick may, or may not, let you assign two different commands to the same button

And you're probably limiting yourself to those commands built in to your flight sim.

What if you wanted to give just one special command to your A2A Cessna172.

Or your PMDG737, or PMDG777? Can't do it, can you. :lol:

Have you learned to accept your limitations? Disappointment is just another part of life, so you've learned to live with it. Right?

Well here's a secret. And you can tell this secret to anyone you want to, and it'll still be a secret.

SPAD.neXt will now work with ANY USB/HID controller, not just Saitek equipment!

As of now, that simple, single, button on the cheapest joystick ever made can made to send two different commands to just about any plane that you own.

Or you can make that Saitek yoke do things that Saitek NEVER dreamed of. And, for most of the things that you'd want to do, you can do it easily.

Naturally, I had to grab whatever USB controllers I had handy and plug them in for testing.

I took a cheap Snakebyte gamepad controller and tested it out too.

All those extra buttons and joysticks are at my command. Cost? About $12 on sale. And it works perfectly too. :D

Just think of the possibilities!
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Super power your joystick

Postby Dave T » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:02 am

Thanks Airmail I think I will try it in Dcsa10, I damaged my joystick and awaiting repair the joystick I am currently using has a lack of buttons. I will experiment first with the program in Fs9/fsx first to get familiar with it thanks for the link.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Super power your joystick

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:35 am

Good luck, Dave.

There are two versions. The free version is supposed to have all of the functionality of the original SPAD. Frankly, I think that it can do much more. But the original SPAD can't control USB devices.

I'm not sure if the newest version of SPAD.neXt lets you control USB devices or not, but you can request a free 5 day trail for the registered version from within the software.

FS9, FSX, and Prepar3d will let you assign some functions too, but SPAD.neXt will give you just about all of the control that a programmer would have, without the programming part.

For anyone with Saitek panels, this will far surpass the control of the Saitek drivers. And again, without the programming part.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Hardware