Need a bit of assistance, much appreciated

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Need a bit of assistance, much appreciated

Postby rob11749 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:40 am

Hello

My name is Rob, I don’t post on these forum’s, however I do read them. I am a former U.S. Army UH 1 pilot. I enjoy simulators however X Plane 10 is the one I seem to gravitate more towards. I like Microsoft’s flight simulator X, I have the gold edition. I do not enjoy VATSIM or regimented ATC programs as I’ve received enough of that, hence my opening sentence. I have paid a lot of money for various ATC programs geared towards individual communications. I do not want to take up your time by posting all of them but trust me I have spent some serious doe, ray me and my wife is not happy.  My dilemma is this: I’m currently using a Dell XPS 420 maxed out on RAM with a Nvidia 700 series T graphics card. I really like utilizing Microsoft’s flight Sim X because of its ATC program. I found to be very realistic; I even purchased edit voice pack Pro. Flight Sim X has been difficult for me to figure out in regards to plug in and such. I have MS so my cognitive memory isn’t the greatest, in summary I’m looking for someone that can give me an idea on what I need to do. Do I need to build a new computer? A better graphics card? Flight Sim X keeps locking up on me even though I follow SOPs from the Internet and YouTube. I truly enjoy fixed wing aircraft; mainly the commercial versions such as 747, 787, 737 and of course some of the Airbus products. Rotary I enjoy, both X Plane and flight Sim X do a decent job emulating Rotary flight. I have all Saitek instrumentation, and I am not into military/combat geared simulation.
I don’t get on the computer enough to read through all the Forums so if possible anyone interested in assisting me please email me at rob11749@sbcglobal.net no need to post here as I will most likely forget all the bookmarked places I posted this. Thank you for your time and effort put forth reading this post. When you email me I’ll be glad to give you a more detailed version of my computer equipment and how I have set all of this up via Nvidia control panel.
rob11749
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need a bit of assistance, much appreciated

Postby 4_Series_Scania » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:04 am

Emailed you Rob. :)
4_Series_Scania
Major
Major

Return to Hardware