Carenado sims and Steam Edition

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Carenado sims and Steam Edition

Postby jphespe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 am

Recently purchased FSX Steam Edition as a back up to my original FSX. So far it seems to work faster with better frame rates than FSX. However, Carenado aircraft do not seem to be compatible with SE. According to the Carenado web site, from Apr 15, 2015, their aircraft are in many cases NOT compatible at this time but the're "working on it". I have been able to install most of my other aircraft into SE without problems but can't understand what Carenado's problem is. Anyone been able to install their aircraft in SE? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Carenado sims and Steam Edition

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:33 pm

You have FSX. You have FSX-SE.

If it doesn't install properly in FSX-SE, can you copy & paste it from FSX?

I've done that with a couple of FSX planes that will not install to the Prepr3d location.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jphespe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Since all of the folders are the same as FSX, once you figure where they are, that works with most of the freeware addons. However, Carenado's A36, V35B.
Rockwell 114, and the Cessna 182RG will not transfer completely. Sometimes I can load the exterior views but often the guages and other instruments are missing as well as throttle controls fail to work. Since the Carenado auto installs to C:\Microsoft Games\ Microso0ft Flight Simulator X\ I can't seem to figure how to change that address as the software basically locks me into that location. Carenado makes excellent sims but when a program changes or is improved, ie: SE, apparently since they already have your money they don't seem to grasp the need to update their software in a timely manner. Conversely, companies such as ORBX and MegaScenery addressed the issue early on and consequently they take care of their existing customers. Fortunately I do not have that many Carenado aircraft and based on their customer service, or lack thereof, I probably would be reluctant to purchase any additional.

Thanks for your reply,
Regards,
Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Check with Jetranger.

He routinely forces install programs to install where he wants them to. I'd bet that he might have a solution.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Hardware