search...

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

search...

Postby yancovitch » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

oh.........someone here had the i7-950 which he overclocked and i can't remember who i was.....are you still kicking and ticking? :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: search...

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:51 pm

yancovitch wrote:oh.........someone here had the i7-950 which he overclocked and i can't remember who i was.....are you still kicking and ticking? :)

....you cant remember who you were?

I can tell you who you were...

You were; "Yancovitch"....!

...and you are still; "Yancovitch"

Its a "Memory" thing, Yan.....trust me... ;) ...!

Paul... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:33 pm

oh crap.....my age is really starting to show now.....sheesh......have to walk around with a timer to remind me to turn off the water...to turn of the stove...to close the bypass on the wood stove.....to brush my teeth...to to to.....yuk!
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 pm

yancovitch wrote:oh crap.....my age is really starting to show now.....sheesh......have to walk around with a timer to remind me to turn off the water...to turn of the stove...to close the bypass on the wood stove.....to brush my teeth...to to to.....yuk!

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Sorry, Yan.... :D ...1

Just goes to show how many times you/I have to check/double-check/triple-check our posts for daft things, before finally committing them to the Forum!... :D ...!

Paul....where's my other sock.... :? ....!

Its a terrible thing that our Posts are time-limited for editing!.... :doh: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:39 am

what is that magnifying glass-search for in the upper right hand corner.....doesn't seem to do anything....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

yancovitch wrote:what is that magnifying glass-search for in the upper right hand corner.....doesn't seem to do anything....

It just activates with the mouse, what you have typed in the Search Box, Yan....

..the same as if you had pressed "Enter/Return" after typing.

Paul....I spy with my little eye... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:27 pm

sorry, mine doesn't work at all....enter fozzer and click on spy glass............nothing.......nothing whatever i enter.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:13 pm

yancovitch wrote:sorry, mine doesn't work at all....enter fozzer and click on spy glass............nothing.......nothing whatever i enter.....

On a "Browser" page the "Magnifying Glass" is for searching for general information, etc, in the search box!

Do you mean the "Binoculars" in the "Search Box" on the Main Sim V Page?

That is for searching named aircraft, named scenery, etc, in the Sim V Library!

Searching for "me" (Profile) only works with clicking on my name in the Forum!.... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 pm

on this page....magnifying glass in search box......i write something then click on magnifier icon....nothing.....no matter what i write....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 am

Yan....

In the Search Box in the top right-hand corner of your Browser, (I am using Pale Moon/Firefox), click on the tiny inverted arrow, scroll down and select "Google".
The Google icon will appear in the Search Box.

Type in a question....>>>

why is the sky blue?

Click on the Magnifying Glass...

A Web page will appear with a whole list of answers explaining it, from different Sites.

Take you pick!

Type in...>>>

Canada

Click on the Magnifying glass..

A whole list of pages telling you everything you ever wanted to know all about Canada!

Paul....typing..."where am I?".... :D ...!

...it tells me I am lying in bed in the county of Hereford!....... :dance: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 am

here's the screen shot to clarify......upper right hand corner...magnifying glass in search box......don't see any little arrow....thanks for your patience .....ya must have a laptop, lying in bed.

yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Its the "Forum Page" Search Box!

That search box looks for posts which contain the word that you type into the Search Box....

I typed; "Canada", and a number of Posts popped up with the word; "Canada" in them!

Its different from the Search Box on the Browser page!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:36 pm

ha...but the forum page search box doesn't work when i enter a word and click on the magnifying glass.......i could type in all the holiest words from all the religions in the world, and nothing pops up...not even a ghost pops up....maybe i should check with pete...or maybe it's my computer?
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:43 pm

yancovitch wrote:ha...but the forum page search box doesn't work when i enter a word and click on the magnifying glass.......i could type in all the holiest words from all the religions in the world, and nothing pops up...not even a ghost pops up....maybe i should check with pete...or maybe it's my computer?

Sumfink strange, Yan!.... :roll: ...!

I typed 'Yancovitch' in the "Forum Search box", and lots of Posts with your name highlighted in the text came up!

I think that's what its supposed to do!

Good for finding all sorts of hidden things!.... :D ....!

Paul....forever Googling!... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:25 pm

ok....off to see pete :?
yancovitch
Major
Major

Next

Return to Hardware