This sounds Mighty Fishy !!!

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

This sounds Mighty Fishy !!!

Postby Jetranger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:54 am

2 / 23 / 2015

Well if this doesn't sound Mighty FISHY, I Dunno' what does !!!

New Computers infected with FISHY Virus Trojans ??????

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/microsoft-lenovo-superfish-security-flaw/
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: This sounds Mighty Fishy !!!

Postby Jetranger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:57 am

ALSO NOTICE how to see if your Computer is Infected with the Super Fishy Virus thingy Ma Jobber ??????

http://www.cnet.com/news/superfish-torments-lenovo-owners-with-more-than-adware/
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Lenovo is scrambling to fix the problem. "We messed up badly," said Peter Hortensius, Lenovo's chief technology officer. He claims Lenovo was unaware Superfish put consumer's Internet traffic up for grabs. "The intent was to supplement the shopping experience."

Never mind the fact that the PUP opened up the computers to takeover.

Since when is putting unwanted ad-ware on personal & corporate computers considered "...supplementing the shopping experience"???

Old man Dell is probably singing a song and tap dancing on Lenovo's reputation right now.

Not to be paranoid, but everyone knows that Lenovo made in China?

You know, that country that's behind a lot of computer break-ins regarding the infrastructure in the US?

I know, I know. No one wants to believe such rubbish. Right?

From Defensetech

Proof That Military Chips From China Are Infected?
Last edited by OldAirmail on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Adobe does this with their Software, I caught them trying to install a PUP or whatever, ask jeeves and a Search Engine I didn't want in their software.

Their paid by these people, to install that junk in their software, why they do it, or, they wouldn't be doing it !!!

you really gotta watch what ya download from some of these companies, as they automatically go ahead and place a check mark in boxes of stuff you don't want !

just annoys the hell out of me !! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:00 am

Don't you just love it when you un-check the ready checked boxes of stuff that you don't want...

....and then you are prevented from downloading the program you do want!.... :evil: ...!

Paul..... ;) ...!

Jet...
There. = Somewhere.
Their. = Belonging.
They're. = Short for; "They are.."....(that's the new one you need!).... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 am

Well, the way I feel about is , if the users on the other end wanted any of that Stuff / Junk on their computers, then it should be up to the User , NOT some A-Wipe at whatever company to decide and "automatically" place checkmarks in boxes the user may NOT see upon the download, and most are so well hidden or obscure and out of sight, a lotta users don't see the checkmarked boxes until its too late.

That's an invasion of privacy far as I'm concerned.

no different than the trash man who collects your trash, but because you pay monthly fees for their service, they seem to think they can dump the Trash in your Garage instead of the Dump, because you didn't untick the check mark on the contract 20 pages back in little tiny fine ass print that you can barely read, when they sold you their supposed service.

Everythings a Game these days, who can play who for Stupid and being Naïve and get by with it.

That Adobe bunch out in California, I actually Called them on the phone about it, about 6 months ago,,,,

Heres what I asked them, or at least the Receptionist on the other end who was trying to dodge getting me to the right department.......

So, I asked Miss Goody Two Shoes, with her panties in a knot, would it be alright if I showed up in an 18-wheeler Dump Truck loaded with Toxic PCB chemicals, the glow in the dark kind, that's highly Radio Active, and Dump that load right at the Corporate Door Steps of the Corporate Office, without Adobe Corporate Permission ?????????? :shock: :? :o :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could of heard a needle drop it got so quiet :lol: :dance:

She says hold on' I'll have to connect you to another Department, basically givin ya the run around !

Their still doin it today too, and its hard to see some of those boxes they have already checked for Junk you don't want, or worded in such a way that users actually are led to believe its part of the download they need to make whatever work.

I don't want Ask Jeeves to be installed, I don't want Yahoo as my Default search engine or Searchthis.Com as my Default web browser - IF I did I download it myself and install it - - - - MYSELF ,,,, I don't need somebody else deciding what I should have or need on my Computer !!

Now, back to those Toxic PCB Radio Active Waste you were gonna dump at their corporate doorsteps,,,, were You Joking ????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Hardware