FSX stops when I load the 2501 add-on

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

FSX stops when I load the 2501 add-on

Postby JP84 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Hello,

I have recently tried to install the Noratlas FSX Add-on (JF Martin - G Millas, 86MO) which seems to be very complete and accurate. But I can't make it work!
I installed N2501 pack + upgrade1 (Ref.: project_noratlas_base_pack / 01-31-2013)
No problem for installation
Installed in file: Microsoft games/ FSX/SimObjects/airplanes
FSX opens normally after that,
in free flight, I can choose any plane,
But when I choose one of the 3 new N2501 installed, FSX closes immediately, without any message.
Installed again: same result.

You imagine my question: what to check, what to do?
Attached , a picture that will probably help some of you: when asking for aircraft change in FSX-Free flight, it's this picture attached which appears: a plane without external texture, wings are quite not visible. The inner structure is visible, no skin on body or wings. It rotates slowly and gently as the other do, but as soon as I press "Takeoff", or sometimes before, FSX closes.
Same thing for the 3 versions.
I attach this picture captured at stage " aircraft change / details"

No mention either in the Windows Events Log: I opened the Windows maintenance register/folder: no information at all, no mention about any FSX stop.
Is there an other file specific to FSX?

After that, I cleaned the first installation, new download and installation: same results

Tested also: cleaning again, file download from an other Web site: same results for files coming from "Flightsim" and "Simviation". Installation, ... , stop..
I have also launched a Malware inspection: nothing found.

Finally , to check if my FSX was able to accept add-ons or not, I tried to add an other plane, the Canadair CL415. Though it was an addon for the FS 2004 version, I had no problem to install it and make it work both with FS 2004 and with FSX. Success to for the Cessna 152.

The global file size in FSX / SimObjects is today 481 MO (for the pack + 2 upgrades installed): it is very heavy compared to the other planes: does this seem OK to you?
As additional information, I could send screen captures for each of the 15 subfiles of the "Projet Noratlas" so that you could check if something is wrong, or missing. Let me know. (too heavy to be added to this mail, 5.2 MO)

Thanks again for your help, let me know if something else could help to solve,

Regards

Attached: FSX_Nord_1.jpg
Attachments
FSX_Nord_1.jpg
FSX_Nord_1.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
JP84
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX stops when I load the 2501 add-on

Postby Jetranger » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Tell ya what ya do, go into the Aircraft CFG File ,,, copy & paste everything you have in that CFG File, and post it on this thread so someone have have a gander at it.

think your problem is in the Aircraft CFG File.

in particular the

Sim= section.

make sure they all read the same as the ones that work.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby JP84 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Hello Jetranger, and thanks for your hel^p.
Attached, copy of the Aircraft.cfg file. I hope you will find there a cause for my FSX crashes.

Thanks again,
JP84
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JP84 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Mail gone too fast, no time to attach the file.

Hope now it will wait
JP84
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 am

Which version of FSX are you using? I've just checked out the Noratlas. It's a "True FSX" model which needs the SP2 service pack installed for it to display properly.
(Install SP1 first.)

I took this shot on my FSX Deluxe edition + SP1 & SP2.

Ignore this if you're using FSX Gold or Acceleration.

NOTE. I see you're using the French version of FSX. Here's the links to the French service packs.

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JP84 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Many thanks to Jetranger and Hagar for having spent time on my problem. I can now see a normal plane
I was "working" with FSX only, Acceleration was not installed (not enough space available on my HD some months ago). Using the two links given by Hagar, I saw that the SP1 and SP2 complements were not necessary if Accelerator was installed. So I had to make some space available on my HD, then I installed Acceleration, and finally all came back to normal for this plane add-on.
Thanks again, congratulations for the Simviation forum reactivity and expertise, and have good flights.
JP84
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Hardware