Joystick Comparison

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Joystick Comparison

Postby TiggCJ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Hello everybody,

I am considering getting a joystick for FSX.

There are two possibilities. The 'Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick' or the 'Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick'.

I know this isn't a comparison website, but what are your opinions on the above two?

Many thanks,

TiggCJ <<r
I can't think of a signature!
TiggCJ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Joystick Comparison

Postby audie-tron25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:27 am

Hi,

Although I haven't owned a Black Widow Joystick, I have owned a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas. From the looks of it, the Black Widow looks a bit
small and fidgety and the rudder slider behind the throttle looks a tad small to be used accurately (but that is only a guess, so take it with a pinch of salt).

Personally, I would recommend the Thrustmaster since it worked like a treat for the couple of years that I used it and it still works. The rudder slider is large
enough for decent control, the throttle and joystick can be seperated depending on your set-up and has a multitude of buttons (always useful in FSX). :D

It would probably be good to get a review from a user of a Black Widow but you can't go wrong with a Thrustmaster. :dance:

Hopes this helps,
Caleb <<s
audie-tron25
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hertzie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Do buy the Thrustmaster and NOT the Black Widow. I have them both for a couple of years, for I use them on holidays (at home I have Saiteks). The BW is absolutely a waste of money, though the Thrustmaster is a lot heavier, it functions much easier and much more accurate.

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mustangaroo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:04 pm

As for joysticks I own a Wingman 3d with rudder (twister function) which needed a usb adapter. Got it for $.99 at a junk store and haven't had a lick of trouble out of it----yet. There are plenty of older joysticks that can do the job so look around. I know the mantra: buying used is buying someone else's problems. On the other hand there are some good deals for darned near nothing. :dance: :dance:
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:23 pm

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Rudder pedals, and Throttle assembly...(free present, unused)...

...but for practical purposes, pride of place is taken with my trusty Saitek Cyborg X Fly5 twist joystick with twin throttles!

Simple, takes up no room, and does the job in hand....>>>> http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fly5.html

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware