fatal error in multiplayer

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

fatal error in multiplayer

Postby N6GK » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm

I run my own server, Air Wisconsin, I have a flyer that when he is on he get knocked out to free flight. Is there something I can do about this or is it the Add On's he has. Also, every once in a while people get what I call a circle of death, the little blue circle just before it program shuts down
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: fatal error in multiplayer

Postby pegger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:43 pm

From my experiance, players who have a hard time staying connected to servers are affected by one of two things.
1) they have a very bad internet connection. This includes trying to stay connected over wifi. If the player uses wifi, ask them to try a hard line connection to check if it makes a difference.
2) player is using a high packet aircraft, and you are using a high packet detector on your server. His plane starts to emit high packets, and your server detects it snd ends his connection. If you are using packet detection, have the player connect with a simple default plane (c172 for example) to test. If you don't run packet detection, then it wouldn't matter and his add-on is not likely the cause. See point 1.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware