Computer has run out of available memory

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Computer has run out of available memory

Postby snoopy51 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:33 am

Once again I got this problem with FSX, started a flight from Karup AB in Denmark to Waddington AB in a Tornado GR4 and everything goes fine, until maybe 10 miles before Waddington then the PC comes up with an error message and says : "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart FS and select different Graphics, scenery or traffic settings", and closes Down FSX.
Last year, I builded a new game PC to try to avoid such problems, and after searching on several forums; I followed that advice to make a pagefile (not on prim. drive, but on my sec. harddrive, so I made it on a size on 35 GB ( to be sure it was big enough), and now I don´t understand why this problem still comes.

My PC specifications are:
CPU: Intel i7-4770K 3,5 GHz overclocked to 4,7 GHz and is watercooled
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2400DC
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 3 GB ram
Hard drives: Primary Intel 320 480 GB SSD
Secondary Western Digital WD Black 1 TB

Hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Kind regards
from Otto
a Danish frustated flightsimmer :doh:
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Computer has run out of available memory

Postby Bass » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14 am

Hej med dig Otto.

A 35gb page file is to big!
You got 16gb ram installed, then it should be 24gb.
With your 16gb you should not get into such problems, unless you have some HEAVY eating memory programs running along with FSX?
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 am

Always reset your computer before firing up a flight, to clear the computer memory of unnecessary "stuff" which has accumulated!

Paul...also with a fading memory full of useless stuff!... :cry: ...!

.... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snoopy51 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 am

thanks for your answers Bass and Fozzer,
to Bass: I am not sure I understand how a page file can be to big, but I will reduce it to 24 GB as You recommend, about the heavy eating programs, I am not sure, but I only use the PC as my gaming computer, any quick way to check that ?
to Fozzer what do You excactly mean by reset the PC ?, do make a restart before starting FSX ? I only use it to my FSX (and sometimes Train Simulator 2014) thats all.

But am I right about making the page file on a different harddrive than the one where FSX is installed ? ^-^

regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sprocket » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 pm

snoopy51 wrote:Once again I got this problem with FSX, started a flight from Karup AB in Denmark to Waddington AB in a Tornado GR4 and everything goes fine, until maybe 10 miles before Waddington then the PC comes up with an error message and says : "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart FS and select different Graphics, scenery or traffic settings", and closes Down FSX.
Last year, I builded a new game PC to try to avoid such problems, and after searching on several forums; I followed that advice to make a pagefile (not on prim. drive, but on my sec. harddrive, so I made it on a size on 35 GB ( to be sure it was big enough), and now I don´t understand why this problem still comes.

My PC specifications are:
CPU: Intel i7-4770K 3,5 GHz overclocked to 4,7 GHz and is watercooled
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2400DC
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 3 GB ram
Hard drives: Primary Intel 320 480 GB SSD
Secondary Western Digital WD Black 1 TB

Hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Kind regards
from Otto
a Danish frustated flightsimmer :doh:

Hi Snoopy51,
Your machine specs are what most of us dream of. I don't think your problem is a "physical memory situation"
Have you placed the file "UIAutomationCore.dll" file into the FSX directory? This has to be specifically from the old Vista OS.
(If not, then search "UIAutomationCore for FSX" You'll find it. Download and place directly into the FSX main directory.)

Be sure to include the following line in the FSX CONFIG file,
[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

But somehow I think you probably know all this? :D
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 pm

snoopy51 wrote:thanks for your answers Bass and Fozzer,
to Bass: I am not sure I understand how a page file can be to big, but I will reduce it to 24 GB as You recommend, about the heavy eating programs, I am not sure, but I only use the PC as my gaming computer, any quick way to check that ?
to Fozzer what do You excactly mean by reset the PC ?, do make a restart before starting FSX ? I only use it to my FSX (and sometimes Train Simulator 2014) thats all.

But am I right about making the page file on a different harddrive than the one where FSX is installed ? ^-^

regards
Otto

I have a SSD for Windows 7 (and some of the many programs that don't let you tell it where to go).

I have a large hard drive for just about everything else.

And I have another SSD only for Prepar3d.

All three are on separate SATA channels.

That's important because the OS & MB can read/write to different channels at the same time.

Therefor, I've moved the paging file to the hard drive. You REALLY don't want it on a SSD anyway.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby snoopy51 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Sprocket,
thanks for your reply, yes I am very satiesfied with my PC, took some time to get the Money for it, but as I thought it should last for many years now, and I will still hold me to FSX (because of many airplanes and sceneries and other stuff, so I will not go over to Prepare 3D. (to much Work :? )

As for your suggestion I have already the line in FSX CFG file and the dll file is already in my FSX directory, it was from 2009, but to be sure I found one and downloaded it and installed that instead, what do You mean by "it has to be specifically from the old Vista OS" ?

to OldAirmail,
it seems like nearly the same I have done, Windows7 and FSX on my SSD drive, and other stuff (included pagefile) on the "big" 1TB harddrive ^-^

regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 am

snoopy51 wrote:Hi Sprocket,
thanks for your reply, yes I am very satiesfied with my PC, took some time to get the Money for it, but as I thought it should last for many years now, and I will still hold me to FSX (because of many airplanes and sceneries and other stuff, so I will not go over to Prepare 3D. (to much Work :? )

As for your suggestion I have already the line in FSX CFG file and the dll file is already in my FSX directory, it was from 2009, but to be sure I found one and downloaded it and installed that instead, what do You mean by "it has to be specifically from the old Vista OS" ?

to OldAirmail,
it seems like nearly the same I have done, Windows7 and FSX on my SSD drive, and other stuff (included pagefile) on the "big" 1TB harddrive ^-^

regards
Otto

Hi Snoopy51

In the beginning I used to have lots of problems with FSX, infamously known as OOM (Out Of Memory).

Apparently the file "UIAutomation.dll" that ships with Windows 7 is not compatible with FSX, so the last "known" dll that works with FSX is the one that shipped with the defunct Windows Vista.
It is this "Vista" file that you need.

There are two advocates of "how to do it":
Some people say:
Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, cut and remove the file from here and save it somewhere else, even in "my documents", and replace with the new Vista file.
(You may need to take ownership of your files - Google will tell you how.)

Other people say:
Leave the SysWOW64 as it is - just copy the new Vista file straight into the FSX root directory. This is what I have done and it works for me.
(Because FSX finds the file here first, and then ignores the WOW one. - apparently)

Either way, from what I read, the UIAutomation.dll is the windows communication with some of the hardware inputs, mainly the mouse.

Just google UIAutomation for FSX to fine the correct file.

Now I am not saying that this is the solution to your problem..all I know it immediately worked for me and I can fly for hours at an end - no more OOMs for me.

Hope this helps you. It worked for me, but it may well be something other..
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:27 am

The correct UIAutomationCore.dll version is 6.0.5840.16386.

See this also
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/671 ... -file-size

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:59 am

Running programs:
Press ctrl-alt-del and check for eating programs.
Run CCleaner under Tools/ Start up and see what it shows. I only got my virus/mallware security starting up with windows.

Bass
Major
Major

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 am

Bass wrote:The correct UIAutomationCore.dll version is 6.0.5840.16386.

See this also
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/671 ... -file-size

Yep Bass, that is indeed the one I got as well..
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 am

Hi Again Bass and Sprocket
I have followed your advice and downloaded and installed the UIAutomationCore.dll in the right version and now I must see about it will solve my problem, I have also "cleaned up" in the program which starts together with the PC, so now hopefully are everything working just fine.

By the way do You know about ?: "Tweaking and Tuning tool for (FSX SP2/Accel - ESP/Prepar3D)" on http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html maybe it is a good idea to try to use that Tool also, not to solve my problem, but to optimize FSX.

regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:39 am

I'm using Bojote's easy tweak every time i change hw aso. Its good. Copy your current fsx.cfg! The program will create a cfg backup, but they'll only save it apx 20 days.

Here you can find NickN's tweak bible. It covers most of any pc/fsx tweaks. Enjoy the reading ;)
http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx ... 46211.html

Bass
Major
Major

Postby snoopy51 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Hello Bass
Okay I will then also use Bojote´s tweak tool, (and remember to make a safe copy first), what stands "hw aso" for :?: :?: (You wrote "every time i change hw aso" )
I can see why You call it " NickN's tweak bible" it´s a big guidance to come through, but it looks like there a many good things inside it. :think:
regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:41 pm

snoopy51 wrote:Hello Bass
Okay I will then also use Bojote´s tweak tool, (and remember to make a safe copy first), what stands "hw aso" for :?: :?: (You wrote "every time i change hw aso" )
I can see why You call it " NickN's tweak bible" it´s a big guidance to come through, but it looks like there a many good things inside it. :think:
regards
Otto

....hardware also?

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Hardware