X-52

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

X-52

Postby DaJamstaJetliner » Sat May 24, 2014 7:27 am

I'm sure there are many posts about this already, and if there are any good ones, could someone be kind enough to pop a link below?

I am pretty much ready to purchase a Saitek X-52, after having had my Cyborg X (F.L.Y 5)'s rudder malfunction a while back. I've seen in places that Saitek aren't particularly trusted, when it comes to quality and durability. So my question is, it it worth buying the X-52? Or even the X-52 Pro?

If not, are there any other recommendations of other sticks around the same kinda price?

On the topic of the Cyborg, I've looked everywhere, and so far found maybe 3 or 4 people with a similar issue, and I don't think there's a solution. The rudder sporadically appears to move to the right. I've opened it up, tried to clean out dust, moves some wires around, and still the problem persists. I've also got all the latest drivers, etc.

Anyway, this post is more aimed at the issue of the X-52, more so than the Cyborg, it was just a side-note

Thanks for any suggestions! :D

James
DaJamstaJetliner
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: X-52

Postby Tug002 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:40 am

Hey there <<v I have had the X52 Pro now for a few years and have had no problems with it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat to replace the one I have now when it dies.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby hertzie » Sat May 24, 2014 11:20 am

In MY opinion (but who am I ??) it's the best of the worst. You don't have many choices anyway. The stick & throttle work ok, the rudder pedals always give trouble, in XP as well in Win7, even if I have all the latest drivers installed, they keep fluttering on all my 4 computers.

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DaJamstaJetliner » Sat May 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Does the X-52 come with rudder pedals? The stick has a rudder built in.
DaJamstaJetliner
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby logjam » Sat May 24, 2014 4:20 pm

It doesn't come with rudder pedals, just a rocker bar that is assigned to the x axis. I don't have the X-52, but have used the older X-45 for 7 years without too much bother. The problem is that FSX is not, repeat not, compatible with windows 8.0/8.1 as Microsoft admit. However, some have achieved workability. You can use it in compatibility mode under XP or win 7. Don't get tempted to update the driver that comes with windows and don't have your mouse trails on. Saitek have a new driver, but it seems to only want to drive a X-box controller or 2 handed game controller. Once you have updated to that, all is lost. Now, whether this applies to X-52 I don't know, but that's how I got my X-45 to work.
logjam
Major
Major

Return to Hardware