sometimes no sound from speakers

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

sometimes no sound from speakers

Postby bombardier » Mon May 12, 2014 6:55 pm

hello there:

as I fly my a380 jet over belgium, I sometimes loose the sound from my speakers. is my sound card going bad?

this has nothing to do with the headline "hardware" but what's up with the stall by the time i hit 20,000 ft the stall button goes off every second or so what it the angle of attack when you are climbing to 33, 000 ft level?

how am i suppose to climb if the stall button keeps going off. my angle is between 25 and 30 at 20,000 ft climbing to 33,000 when the stall button buzzez.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: sometimes no sound from speakers

Postby Bass » Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 am

Regarding sound.
Does this only happens when you fly that plane over that particular area!? Or does it also appear when listening to music aso.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby bombardier » Tue May 13, 2014 3:43 pm

hello bass:

I guess I should gave you more information on that; when my computer is in sleep mode for a while and then when I start the fsx theres no sound, also theres no sound with my trainz simulator or anything that deals with opening up a program that deals with games.

the only way I get sound is to turn off the computer wait for a few mins and turn it back on and then I got sound for fsx and my trainz sim, and my games on my computer.

but I was told that to put it into sleep mode its easier-less demand on the computer.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Steve M » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I think that advice to leave your computer on is old and out dated. If I'm not going to use my machine for several hours I shut down and reboot when I come back to it. You might have to wait a short while while it reboots but it won't stress your computer, in fact you should reboot at least once a day.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 pm

When you have no sound in FSX, or other games, can you play other sounds, like a song?

If you can't hear YouTube or music, than you might have a problem that will require professional help.

My guess is that it's a setting in your computer, but it could be bad hardware.

A cheaper way may be to install a sound card and hope that the install will settle things one way or another.

A super simple way to do that without opening your computer case would be to get one of these - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go for $28.

Your speakers plug into the bottom of the device.

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 am

I agree with Steve and Rich.

I've never used sleep mode on any pc. It'll take ages to wake up again. I know it from myself :lol:

If the pc is old, then it might be a good idea to clean any connecting subjects, wiresticks aso. Sometimes it helps. Also clean the soundcard connectors, i use an eraser for that!!

Good luck ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 14, 2014 11:33 am

Putting the Computer into "Sleep Mode" to save a couple of Pennies of electricity seems like a waste of effort to me!... ;) ....!

Better to switch the computer off, as Steve suggested!

Paul....need more Pennies... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware