Toe brakes FSX

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Toe brakes FSX

Postby Brian Z » Thu May 01, 2014 2:35 am

Finally got around to buying a yoke and pedals, both are Saitek Pro. I've got everything properly assigned and calibrated, I think, but the toe brakes on the pedals don't seem to work. What happens is the flight usually loads with "Differential Brakes" down in the corner. Once I've moved the brakes thru their axes so the game no longer thinks I'm stepping on them, I no longer have any brakes at all-- it ignores the toe brakes, the button assignment, even the keystroke. I do have registered FSUIPC, although I haven't tried doing much with it, because I don't really understand most of the tabs and don't want to make a complete mess. For now I've removed the toe brake assignment so I can fly-- and stop!-- but it would be nice to get them working.
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Toe brakes FSX

Postby Capt_Cronic » Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 am

I had the EXACT same problem with CH Products stick, throttle and pedals.
the problem is fsx cant deal with multiple devices linked thru a profiler

I had to dissable the CH Products profiler and assign all control devices and axis sepperately in fsx
now it works perfectly.
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat May 03, 2014 9:14 pm

I've had problems similar, if not the same.

Go to Options - Settings - Control - AXES & "Button / Keys"

Make sure that you select the correct "Controller Type".

The first time that FSX recognizes a controller it'll automatically assign random commands to the buttons & axes. DELEAT THEM ALL using the "Delete Joystick Assignment" button.

BUT not the keyboard letter assignments. Just to be safe.

Then choose the commands that you want.

The first time that I set up my rudders, I found it worked out MUCH better by placing the peddles on a chair and selecting/calibrating then with a hand.

While I used FSX I found it better to assign a yoke button to set the brake in the locked position. The "differential braking" was always problematical.

Sometimes it seemed to work. Other times I couldn't really tell. "Differential braking" would constantly show up, as you say, in the bottom left corner. Hitting the yoke button to set/un-set the brakes would clear it.

When I switched over to Prepar3d V2.2 they worked EXACTLY as they should.

Anyway, here's my assignments.

Go to - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals install + FSX setup.

But don't install software for the rudder peddles, it's not needed.

As to using FSUIPC, I find that you can do a lot of really cool stuff without breaking a sweat.

I've mentioned ways to use it, mostly in The poor mans sim pit starting here - Getting more out of your Saitek Radio Panel.

But also here - The Saitek TPM, and here - I'm having a blast with my extra Switch panel, as well as in other topics throughout SimViation.

You'll also want SPAD, and it's free.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Brian Z » Mon May 05, 2014 1:35 pm

OldAirmail wrote:The first time that FSX recognizes a controller it'll automatically assign random commands to the buttons & axes. DELEAT THEM ALL using the "Delete Joystick Assignment" button.

Lol yeah soon as I plugged in the pedals FSX thought the toe brake axes were the aileron and elevator axes!
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby expat » Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 am

I also had this problem, the best I could get was differential braking as part of the rubber. Then got FSUIPC http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc3.phtml the answer to 99.9% of control hardware inputs.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sat May 10, 2014 7:11 am

I just stumbled on to this - Tame the Pedals, at FSX Times.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Hardware