jagged runways and buildings and jets

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

jagged runways and buildings and jets

Postby bombardier » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:46 pm

hello to all:

I need some ideas on how to fix this. my runways, and my buildings and built in planes are jagged, or tearing or someother terminology. I want io discrib what I see I cannot.

my planes are somewhat jagged and tearing but I fly A380 so I do not notice the problems too much; camsims I fly can be a little clearer.meaning less jagged and/or tearing.

I even changed the settings did not help any

my graphics card is nvidia 560 gt if that helps.
bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: jagged runways and buildings and jets

Postby Hestntonpms » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Sounds like you're describing Anti aliasing being clicked off, or Low resolution ? or your 560 should be able to get rid of that no problem with some adjustments to the resolution and filtering .
Gigabyte X79 Chip set Mobo
Intel-i7 4820K CPU/Liquid cooled
Single GTX Titan 6gig GPU/ extreme air cooled
16 gig/1600 MHz quad channel DDR3
1 T/B -Raid-0 array,Risking it all for every ounce of performance until I go with SSD's
Hestntonpms
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hestntonpms » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Shot in the dark but have you tried run the filtering in ansiotropic ?
I know that with my previous GFX card which was a GTX 660 Ti, if I ran it in Bifiltering or anything above ansiotropic , I would have what you described , jagged lines on just about everything
1 T/B -Raid-0 array,Risking it all for every ounce of performance until I go with SSD's
Hestntonpms
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:17 pm

hello hestntonpms:

I have changed all the settings that you had in your post and it works.my jets, buildings and runways are clear now and everything else. I checked on anti aliasing and it was checked off it is checked on now; my resolution from low to high according to my monitor max resolution. changed filtering from bifiltering to ansiotropic .

thanks form bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hestntonpms » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Excellent !
Glad I could be of some assistance :)
Hestntonpms
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Speed of flight » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 am

Good work!

I took the time to compliment you on your attempt to help, even if the symptoms were vague and the obvious language barrier issue, because there have been times that some jerk would have really torn into this poor guy for not being clear or for not using the proper nomenclature.

Good work, and a fine example of real help, or a best attempt. This is what help looks like.
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z, NB & FSB @2608 MHz
AMD 8350 @ 5.02 GHz 1.524V (200.6 x 25)
Corsair H100i
16GB GSkill Trident @ 2133 MHz C10
Asus 7870 2 GB 1200core/5500mem
Samsung 250GB SSD
RaidMax 1200W
Cooler Master HAF 932
Windows 7 x64
VRS Superbug/TacPack, Iris A-10A, PMDG 77W, 744 and MD-11
REX texture direct, FTX Global
Speed of flight
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:36 pm

hello speed of light: I got some time before I take off from japan I hope this post is a little clearer

thanks for not chewing me up for not using the right terminology and/or explanation. I know my post was a little confusing. but I do not know how else to make it. jagged tearing I know theres other words for that I could not think of them the day I posted this.there is a beter way to discribe this at that moment my head must be in the clouds. i would say a writers block or something to that effect.

ps. just changeing the post here; how am I suppose to fill up the fuel tanks? I'm down to 40% left and going from japan into south korea. I checked on the planes folders it does not say anything to fill the fuel tanks up or to call the fuel truck. I guess camsims are famous for not having a ctrl f ( for fuel) for the fuel truck or fuel tanks.

bombardier

who heard of anyone takeing off or landing in this case in a camsim 787 united with a 9,000 foot runway, I hope take off can be done I'm going to pull out every tick in the book to get the 787 off the ground. its a little tight for me I normally land at 11,000 to 14,000 foot runways. this run way I landed on was made for cessnas and bombardiers. what a sight that must have been seeing a 787 united landing at the airport with nothing but cessnas on the tarmac but when you need fuel you will land any place that has fuel right? well, to a point.

ps. jut one post about you answer speed of light I also belong to trains railroad simulator forums and I have some members chew me out. they slamed me on that subject so I slamed them back on their threads. an eye for an eye.( I rarely do not do that but in defending myself I got to do this if I do not someone else will slam me and I will not take that ) and then I told the adminstrators about the slamming and what I did also and they banned him from posting in fourms forever. they did not do anything to me because I was the victim in my own post.

I hope I do not have to do that in these forums so far the members are polite. compare to all the rest of the members I'm just a newbee. I will always look for information or ask questions if I do not know too much information about that subject. I figured that the members who been here alot longer than I was they would havfe more experience than this newbee would so I kind of look up to you for advice. so thats why so many questions sorry about that. how would I learn if I do not ask questions?

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby PhantomTweak » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:47 am

To change the fuel aboard you can hit ALT to pull up the menu bar on the top of the screen while IN the sim it's self (ie: actually flying or in the aircraft anyway) then select Aircraft and from that pulldown select Fuel and Payload. You can adjust the fuel aboard to anything you like. You may also adjust the fuel when you first select the aircraft, same choice, Fuel and Payload.

There is also an addon module you can download and install that will allow you to refuel in-flight, called "refuel.dll". It was designed for the fighter jet drivers, but works just as well for a Cessna 172 or Boing 787 :D Of course, NOW I can't find a bloody link for the darn thing but it's out there, you just have to find it :lol: :lol:

Anyhow, good luck with this...

Pat☺

EDIT:
I FOUND IT!! "airrefuel.zip" over on Avsim! Just do a search for that. It's in the FS2004 Utilities library if you want to manually search for it. I knew I'd find it! Good luck! Pat☺
ENDEDIT
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 am

bombardier wrote:thanks for not chewing me up for not using the right terminology and/or explanation. I know my post was a little confusing. but I do not know how else to make it. jagged tearing I know theres other words for that I could not think of them the day I posted this.there is a beter way to discribe this at that moment my head must be in the clouds. i would say a writers block or something to that effect.

Hi bombardier. Your description of your problem was perfectly clear to me. I'm glad you fixed it with the help of a forum member. 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware