Dirty Dirty Computers !

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Dirty Dirty Computers !

Postby Jetranger » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Its that time of the year to Clean those computers of all the Dust & Dirt, away from all the Ventilation ports on the side of computers, and clean all those Colling fans around your Video Graphics cards and Power Supply Fans .

Now I do clean mine myself, about every 3 months give or take.

I just use Air, from my Automotive Air Compressor, which has an Adjustable Regulator to regulate the Air pressure coming out the end of the Nozzle.

I lower it to about 20lbs psi.

and carefully with the sides off my computer start blowing all around the cooling fans, which I have 4 fans, 1 on my Video Graphics card and 3 more in the case itself.

Also pay special attention and clean all the dust & dirt away from the Heat Sink, by the processor and the fan too, and all the vents on the outside of the computer case too !

Keeping proper Cooling Ventilation will keep your Processor from over heating and keep your Video Graphics card from getting too Hott and not working properly !

its Amazing the amount of Dust & Dirt these computers can collect even in a short period of time.

Regular scheduled cleaning maintence will keep you free of most overheating problems and slowness, as things get warm, they have a tendency to slow down or in some cases Shut Down !!

So keep your computers Super Clean, it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes !!

save your self some headaches and money in the long run !

Below are photos of how dirty my Flight Sim computer had become, tho I neglected it for about 5 months, I usually clean it every 3 months regularly.

and I could NOT get this 1 Aircraft to install onto my Hard Drive, any suggestions ???? :o :D

Jetranger.

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Dirty Dirty Computers !

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:40 pm

.....after you've finished that little lot, Jet, maybe you can pop round and clean and dust my house for me...
....and maybe do a bit of polishing...

..if you're not too busy?... :D ...!

Paul.... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:52 pm

What airport frequencies are you using?
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Well, I'm tuned into 102.1 Radio Frequency , isn't that what I'm supposed to do ???? :?

This channel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9js0FWJE8
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 pm

See! If you new guys would just give us some info we can solve all of your problems.

You list your location as: Kansas City Missouri USA / KMKC

The radio frequency that you are setting ,102.1, is for San Diego!

There's no way you can land your plane there and store it in your hard drive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No thanks needed, I consider it a service to humanity. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Ohhhh O' Tay, I tink I undertand now !!!

I Tink ???
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Think nothing of it sir. Think nothing of it. Very few can understand it as well as I can.

SEE! I'm thinking at this VERY MOMENT!

If you start off with kites on a short string, and VERY slowly work your way up you'll be ready for paper airplanes before you know it.

Well, probably in a few years.

But DO NOT start using paper airplanes too soon. They have pointy tips and could put your eye out!
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 am

:lol: ......

You are right Jet, air is the best way to clean a pc. One thing i would add, keep a finger on the propellers while using it!
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:11 am

BASS, your right too !!!

My other computer that I used to have, don't now tho,,, I was out in my garage had the Air Compressor on, and was blowing out the fans and I accidentally got the tip of my finger hitting the cooling fan as it was spinning,,, and Whammo' the cooling fan blade got bent a little, I went to bend it back,,, but that didn't work.

I ended up throwing the cooling fan way off balance , so that when it would spin , with the computer on,,, it sounded like a WW-II Corsair !!

From now on I hold the cooling fan blades in place in the middle so they can't spin or the blades get bent !

also use about 20 to 60 psi of air depending on where I'm blowing the air, always staying back 12 to 16 inches and not all full blast.

I've already noticed a huge difference in how both the computers perform, tad bit snappier, and the fans aren't coming on as often like they were.

I noticed the call, when all 4 of the fans were on the other nite, ok, its time for a good ol' Cleaning get rid of all that dust and dirt that builds up on the fans and in the vents and from around the heat sink and that fan.

its clean now runs smoother too ! :D
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:50 am

Well, i got 10 fans in my pc! One for each finger O0

I use this on air out

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 am

I just purse my lips together, close my eyes.....and blow*.... ;) ...!

Paul... :D ..!

* ....(The Bishop got that idea off the Actress)..... ;) .... ;) .... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Hardware