Bizzare Almost Spooky Situation

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Bizzare Almost Spooky Situation

Postby Bubblehead » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm

My PC has an Asus mobo that has PCIe 2.0 Expansion slots. My video card is an Asus Radeon HD 7770. I'm not sure if this is associated or not but for some reason I had problems with my FSX in that when I try to fly a plane and click on Fly Now, the program resets (FSX restarts). I tried re-loading the program a couple of times but still the problem persisted. I brought this up in one of my threads and I tried following suggestions from contributors but no joy. So I gave up on the FSX. Other than that I had no problem with my PC until one day I lost my video. The monitor turned black and whenever I start hearing four short beeps after the boot up beep. I did everything I could using any troubleshooting knowledge I know plus inputs from thread contributors but still no joy. I decided to take it to a PC Repair Shop and what they deducted was that my video card which was a PCIe 3.0 x 16 was incompatible with my mobo which supports PCIe 2.0 x 16 video cards. But before I bought into this I contacted Asus, various forums and vendors and they swore that there shouldn't be any compatibility problem with my video card. The PC shop then installed an new Asus Radeon HD 7790 PCIe 3.0 x 16 video card. That did not work. The problem still persisted. Then he installed a PNY Nvidia Quadro 600 PCIe 2.0 x 16 card and it worked. Now was it because it was a PCIe 2.0 card or was it because it was a Nvidia card. The end result was with the new card my PC is working fine now and I was able to load FSX with no further problems. Is there a logical explanation for all this?
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Return to Hardware