Racing Pedals as Rudder Pedals

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Racing Pedals as Rudder Pedals

Postby StargazerWoods » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi,

I currently fly FSX with my Logitech G25 racing pedals as rudder pedals. This was a compromide because I have my pedals mounted on a permanent foot-rest that I made to keep them fixed in a specific position under my desk to make racing sims 'that' much more comfortable to spend time in. Naturally, to use aircraft rudder pedals would mean lifting the G25 pedals out, placing the aircraft ones in and then switching back and forth depending on what I was doing. Not ideal.

So, with the brake and accelerater as a single axis, they do a terrific job of providing smooth and accurate rudder control, but it feels a bit odd being on those two pedals. Under ideal circumstances, the accelerator and clutch would be much more comfortable and nicer to fly, especially given how stiff the brake pedal is compared to the other two.

I have read guides on the web about achieving this using a small number of 3rd party applications. However, I'm wondering if there's another way of doing it without needing even more little programs to install and configure. For example, does it sound in the realms of plausibility to leave the rudder left/right in the brake and accelerater pedals as a single axis, but to then tell FSUIPC that the clutch is also a rudder axis that should center the rudder when not pressed and go to full left rudder when fully pressed?

If so, how exactly would I do this, FSUIPC is waaaay cleverer than me and I'm terrified of it. If not, tell me to just shut up and to live with using the brake pedal.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.
StargazerWoods
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Hardware