Apple

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Apple

Postby Tchkinjiu » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:55 pm

Anyone ever see the new and all powerful (so they say) Apple G5? I went to their website, looks incredibly good. Guess the price though....
The cheapest I could make it was around $3,000.
I wonder how good it would be on games?
"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
Tchkinjiu
Major
Major

Re: Apple

Postby Iroquois » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:12 pm

My mom has an old Moterola Starmax Power Mac. Moterola was the only company to be givin cloning rights, for only a short period though. That's because the Moterolas were superior to the ones apple was building, just like all the IBM clones are better than the originals.
My Dad recently wanted to buy a G4 but they were upwards of $2500. Apple is way behind PCs, only now can you get 2ghz Macs and now they have PCs that are nearing 4ghz. My moms is only 200mhz, which means my GeforceFX 5200 has more computing power than her entire machine. It's an older model though.
Anyway, I shouldn't bad mouth Apple. Their machines are good and their laser printers couldn't be beat. (Their big mistake was cutting out their Laser Writer line) I used them for many years before getting an IBM in 1998 for the sheer sake that it would be compatible with programs used in High School and University.
Apple's mistake is hiking the prices and not opening up their market. They'd still get cloning royalties if they did. Either that or make a cheap OS that's compatible with PC and PC programs and give ol Bill a run for his money.
[center]I only pretend to know what I'm talking about. Heck, that's what lawyers, car mechanics, and IT professionals do everyday. ;)
The Rig:
AMD Athlon XP2000+ Palomino, ECS K7S5A 3.1, 1GB PC2700 DDR, Geforce FX5200 128mb, SB Live P
Iroquois
Major
Major

Return to Hardware