40th Anniversary Edition update

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

40th Anniversary Edition update

Postby pete » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:36 pm

From the MSFS2020 website:

40th Anniversary Edition update to Microsoft Flight Simulator. This is the biggest update to MSFS since its initial release in 2020

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 40th Anniversary Edition update

Postby striker » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:47 am

Looks a good upgrade but also a 12 hour plus download for me. I've delayed it for now but will do it overnight
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:21 am

A great update indeed, which occurs exactly during my holiday trip away from my computer...

I've read the various user feedback on other forums, and the general impression seems quite positive, although far from perfect:
- helicopters are beautiful and fly very nicely, but they might require some minor tweaking to get a better accuracy in the performance
- gliders look great but the thermals seems to be hard to recognize and "capture". Just like helicopters, the flight model need some adjustments to rectify the behavior of the gliders, mostly around the behavior in yaw axis.
- the Airbus A310 seems very high quality, but some users report big FPS impact only with that plane
- the other planes, which are references to FS9 and FSX, are very enjoyable and might become great sources of mods in near future. Note that some of them do require an optional (and free) download from the marketplance to get the full package.
- there are some new assistance options that have been introduced in the assistance menu, and you might want to disable them asap if you want a realistic experience.

From my side I won't be able to test this new version before the end of the month. The Jenny and the Beaver are probably the ones I'll fly the most :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:23 am

I forgot to add;
- It seems there is an "Easter egg" somewhere in the G1000 screen of the planes: you can play all the older versions of Flight Simulator (from version 1 to version 4 if I understood properly ? )
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020