FSX conversions to MSFS

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Re: FSX conversions to MSFS

Postby Themserither » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:33 am

Of course, the conversions are not dependable; the converter has limitations; yet, the result in this case is substantially different from the description; it appears that the author worked after the conversion.

In any event, roggeberg23's "DC3 for old-fashioned flying without GPS" is a fine aeroplane (in progress) until the official arrives.
Themserither
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tonii9 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:16 am

This is a key reason why there aren't many freeware aircraft upgrades for MSFS. The community was told that legacy imports from FSX to P3D would be completely compatible and would only need to be dropped in with little to no effort necessary. The characteristics of FSX models are presently only partially operational. Developers in the community are frequently not happy as a result. Other significant issues include model piracy, the pervasive use of converters, and uploading without the author's permission.
tonii9
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hertzie » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:57 am

"However, while you may be stuck with the Let 410 until a better one appears, you'll be glad to know you'll soon (in November) get a very nice freeware DC-3 with the 40th anniversary edition of MSFS :)
...Together with a Goose, a Beaver, a Jenny, some helicopters and I don't remember what else (all freeware!).
Personnally, I can't wait to get the Jenny flying again over the MSFS lands, it's going to be a blast. I loved that plane in FS9 then FSX and P3D"

Any news if this "new" version will work in VR? Then it would be "a blast".

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:11 am

hertzie wrote:"However, while you may be stuck with the Let 410 until a better one appears, you'll be glad to know you'll soon (in November) get a very nice freeware DC-3 with the 40th anniversary edition of MSFS :)
...Together with a Goose, a Beaver, a Jenny, some helicopters and I don't remember what else (all freeware!).
Personnally, I can't wait to get the Jenny flying again over the MSFS lands, it's going to be a blast. I loved that plane in FS9 then FSX and P3D"

Any news if this "new" version will work in VR? Then it would be "a blast".

hertzie.

All planes in MSFS work in VR.
When it comes to this DC-3, it works without issues as well. However, the scale (size) is wrong. The seats in VR look like child seats, everything is way too small.
In 2D, you cannot notice the problem of course.
In VR however, the problem appears immediately and I simply stopped using it.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020