Freeflight and map

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Freeflight and map

Postby wildpilot » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:09 am

I only ever fly the freeflight. So I choose an airport to fly from.

But looking at the map, what am I missing because I cannot move the map around to decide where I want to fly from. I try to move the earth image with my mouse pointer, like you can in Google Earth, but it is frozen.

So if I want to find a nice unknown (to me) airport somewhere, how do I do that? (other than using GE first, which is what I have to do now)
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Freeflight and map

Postby Daube » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:04 am

This is strange.
As you said, that map should normally react exactly like Google Map or Google Earth. Drag and drop to rotate, mouse scrollwheel to zoom in and out.
Yours is totally frozen ?
I've seen some conversations on other forums about a similar problem, which was in fact caused by an incomplete uninstallation of the mod to replace the ground textures with google maps ones. Did you use that mod ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wildpilot » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:09 am

No nothing added. I have never added or removed anything in MSFS2020. Not frozen. I can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel but I cannot move the earth in any other direction. All default and up to date.
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tortillalocust » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:52 pm

I had the same problem as you when I couldn't move the earth in any other direction. Did you fix it yet?
tortillalocust
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020