World Update 10 (X) released yesterday

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

World Update 10 (X) released yesterday

Postby Daube » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi all,

You have probably noticed already, but the World Update X has been released yesterday.
Surprisingly, it covers the USA again, just like the World Update II.
In a recent interview, the head of MSFS (Jorg) explained that when they released the World Update II for USA, they were still unsure about what and how much they should/could include in such a pack.
Recently, with the accumulated experience, the various feedbacks, and the many updates to satellite imagery in USA, they decided it would be good to update USA lands again with much more content than the original World Update had.

This update contains many improvements to ground imagery and mesh in several places, as well as several improvements to some airports, some points of interests (POI), etc...
As usual, all of this is split into several parts:
1- The update for the launcher (from the MS Store or from Steam, depending on which version you got). This is mandatory. On Steam, it's about 170 MB.
2- The update for the sim, which is triggered automatically when you launch the sim. This is mandatory as well, and for me (standard version) it was about 5 GB more or less.
3- The World Update X: USA. This is optional. If you want to install it, you have to "acquire" it (for free) from the marketplace within the sim menus. This is also between 5 and 6 GB if I remember correctly.

I have installed it today but couldn't give it a test yet. However, I have read many good feedbacks regarding the mesh of mountain areas.
Enjoy :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: World Update 10 (X) released yesterday

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:03 pm

I noticed some terrain elevation bugs in Southern AK. Sunken runways mostly. Hope they fixed it with this update!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:11 pm

Nope.

CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Daube » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:20 am

Did you clear your rolling cache after installing the world update ?
Which airport is that ? Maybe I can take a look on my side to see how it looks like ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CHUCK79 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:24 pm

Daube wrote:Did you clear your rolling cache after installing the world update ?
Which airport is that ? Maybe I can take a look on my side to see how it looks like ?

I had OrbX AK mesh installed. Removed it and voila! lol
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020