VC instruments

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

VC instruments

Postby wildpilot » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:04 am

How do I click the instruments in the VC panel?

It says 'click [?] to interact but nothing I try seems to work. No mouse click. No [?] or combination of mouse. Any idea?

wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: VC instruments

Postby Sinkrate » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:56 am

Is this a default aircraft or an add-on? It looks a little under done to me! :?

The ? suggests that there is no key assignment for the auto pilot. In FSX, I think it is Z by default.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:40 am

On your screenshot, we can see the button is highlighted in blue, and an info popup appears below.
This indicates you are using the "modern" interaction mode, which was made for the console users. I personally dislike this mode, because it is often strange or disturbing for visibility...
I would strongly advise you to switch back to the "legacy" interaction mode, which will be similar to what we know in FS/P3D/XPlane.
This is done in the options of the sim.

Just in case, be careful not to confuse with the setting for the flight model, which should be kept in "modern" and not in "legacy" ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wildpilot » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:43 am

Thanks. Oh boy. For the casual simmer like me it gets boring having to do all this stuff but I will try. Also I cannot really see out of the windows because the appearance is so bright I cannot see the runways on approach until I am nearly touching down.
Maybe the other mode will fix this too. I will try it. Thank you

Sinkrate: It's the default A320. Thank you
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby wildpilot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:13 am

Assistance needed please/

I am looking for the Legacy mode in Options

In Options I have looked under GENERAL, ASSISTANCE and CONTROLS

But in each one I have been looking for LEGACY or MODERN MODE and can see nothing. Even typed 'Legacy' into the search box with 0 results.

It's probably right under my nose!

Anyone help?
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:46 am

It's located in the "general options" => "Accessibility" => "Cockpit interaction system".
Set it to Legacy.
Also, if you are into liners, ensure you do not use the default Airbus A320. Instead, you should use the freeware, enhanced one made by the FlyByWire group.
https://flybywiresim.com/
You can download their installer program, which will let you choose which version you want to install into your MSFS: Stable, Development or Experimental. I would recommend you to use the Development version, as the other two are either too instable, or obsolete ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wildpilot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:57 am

Thank you I will look at that area.

Regarding the flybywire a320. I hope it's not one of those things that keeps updating. If so I will not install it. But thank you for the recommendation. Actually I quite like the default a320. What is wrong with it?

A good friend of mine is a real life airline pilot and he says his job is the most boring job on the planet because of all the boring things they have to do before and after flight. And then sitting in a seat for hours at a time. He says ideally he would like to just get in the seat and fly, climb, descend and land and get out. Of course in real life it's essential for safety and the air law. But in a sim who cares about that stuff? :D :D
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:19 am

The default Airbus lacks many important-yet-basic features which, for example, makes it unable to properly follow a flightplan entered in the MCDU (FMS).
The FlyByWire group (FBW) has made such a long list of changes, improvements and additions, that it would be quite difficult to summarize efficiently.

I think it might be interesting to check the changelog on their website. If you know well the default Airbus, then it will be easy for you to understand what kind of changes they did, or what kind of things they added. I know for sure they have made extensive changes to the aircraft model, performance, flight model, as well as the modelisation of the MCDU and other internal systems.
https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/b ... LOG.md#080
This addon was simply the best liner you could get in MSFS, before other makers like PMDG and such finally became active :)
And it's free :P

Concerning the updates, it will not "auto-update". However, you might need to install a new version each time the simulator received a Sim-Update.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wildpilot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:27 am

OK thank you I will get it and try it. Now I have tried the legacy mode it is much better and friendly for us who know P3D already. Thank you!
wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020