Forgive me for a dumb question

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Forgive me for a dumb question

Postby wildpilot » Wed May 04, 2022 6:53 am

I was messing around again trying to get MS20 to work with my joystick (as always until I run out of patience each time)

But I got reverse axis on controls by some other accidental click and soon crashed after take off.

So there I am on the ground with this screen.
Question is how do I return to Home menu to restart?

wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Forgive me for a dumb question

Postby Daube » Wed May 04, 2022 9:12 am

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. And I'm pretty good at these :D
I had a similar issue once... then I realized the sim was running in windowed mode, and the window was actually kind of bigger than my screen. As a matter of fact, a part of the window was not visible, it was lower than the bottom of the screen, partly out of the screen, partly masked by the task bar.
When I resized the sim window, and moved it up a little, then I could see the bottom part which actually shows the options like "back to main menu", "resume", etc...

Also, clicking on the "expand window" button on the top right works as well, it will resize the window to actually fit the size of the desktop, so the bottom buttons become visible again.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wildpilot » Thu May 12, 2022 7:19 am

Thank you. But again I have the same screen again, I did resize it to fit. But now I still do not know how to get back to my flight.

In the middle of my flight the rudder stopped working (again) so I had to again re-assign my joystick to made the rudder work. (I have to do this often for some reason? The game forgets my joystick settings) :(

But then how to get out of this screen? No back button. Esc does not work. ????? What am I not seeing/doing? Thank you!

wildpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sinkrate » Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 am

What size is your screen and what resolution are you running it at?
Is your computer a desktop or laptop?

What Daube said should work but if the resize button (the square one) and the Esc button have no effect, the program has probably frozen. Use task manager to close it.

If you go into the "options" screen under "general options" you can set it to Windowed mode by default. You might like to experiment with the screen resolution as well. As Daube said, you might have to move the whole panel up a bit if your screen is too small and you should then see the bottom menu bar with the "END main menu" button.

Which joystick are you using? Does MSFS recognize it and assign default settings. I use an old AV8R and it works OK.

Hope that helps – it’s probably another dumb answer though; sorry! :doh:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am

As Sinkrate just said above, just hitting the square button (next to the "close" button, on the top right of the window) should be sufficient to make the bottom of the MSFS window appear.
If not, ALT+ENTER to switch it in full screen, might work as well.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020