Sim Update 7 available, MSFS Game Of The Year (GOTY) edition

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Sim Update 7 available, MSFS Game Of The Year (GOTY) edition

Postby Daube » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:34 am

Hi all,

Yesterday evening shortly after 17:00 (western european time), the latest Sim Update became available for download.
Be aware it's quite a heavy one this time.
For MSFS Standard edition on Steam, I first had to download an update for the launcher within Steam, which was about 340 MB.
Then I launched the sim, and there it had to download something like 33 GB !!
On top of that, after the update completed and I reached the main menu, I went to the content manager and had to download some additional updates for the various "World Updates" content I had installed, but the total was just around one gigabyte and a half only.

I haven't tested that new version yet. However, as you can see in the change log (see below), this time they have included quite a lot of things:
- a preview of the DX12 mode (just like we had a preview of DX10 in FSX, it sucks, it's useless, but you don't have to turn it on :) )
- 5 new planes (Pilatus PC6 Porter, F/A-18 Super Hornet, a kind of manned drone, a new variant of the Cub and a new variant of the Pitts)
- something like 8 new airports
- many bug fixes
- support for VR controllers
- new weather engine
- improvements for multiplayer (accuracy of other players position accuracy, for more precise and smooth movements of the other planes)
- improvements to the SDK
- first "official" level of support for the supersonic flight (you could go supersonic before, but it wasn't really supported or realistic) - more improvements to come in next patch(es)
- support for jet engine post-combustion
- and many other things I forgot.

The full list of release notes, which describe the content of this update, can be found here:
https://www.flightsimulator.com/game-of ... available/

At the same moment, they also released the Reno Air Race package(s), but that's another topic...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sim Update 7 available, MSFS Game Of The Year (GOTY) edi

Postby pete » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Thanks for the update Daube
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020