A320Neo Auto Throttle

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

A320Neo Auto Throttle

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I've had FS2020 just a few weeks and having a problem with the A320 auto throttle in that it is ignoring the value I set, for example I take off and set 220 knts just to 'potter' about the area then return to land or that is the intention then I get an airspeed warning for below 10,000ft, the usual max speed of 250knts.
If I look at PFD, the speed bug is pointing to 250, throttles are set at CL and auto throttle is ON and set to 220knts but it's being ignored.

Anybody had this and knows where the 250 knts is coming from?

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: A320Neo Auto Throttle

Postby Tiger1962 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:40 am

You may have set the throttles to 'Managed' mode, in which case the fly-by-wire system will override any manual setting. If you move your cursor just above and just below the speed selector (and the other autopilot controls too) you should see a tooltip with the 'Managed' or 'Manual' mode label.
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby EVVFCX » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:54 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, my problem is I'd rather be in the 737NG which I'd rather fly any day, I prefer it's FMC/CDU compared to the A320 but that's because I did a course on 737NG's about 6 yrs ago and spent many hours in the sim, the guy that taught me flies for Jet2.

I'm just getting to grips with the cold & dark startup of the A320 and then will go over the mcdu as soon as possible.
With the throttle set to CL and not in managed mode via the airspeed setting on the mcp because it's displaying a speed it shouldn't be going at 250.
Will know more when I get to grips with it properly, using the real A320 pilots videos on youtube and I have since installed installed the flybywire's A320 so I'll learn eventually, have to rely on the sim now as can no longer go flying due to mobility issue.

regards

Steve from just down road in Pontefract :)
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby Tiger1962 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 am

Hi Steve, 10 years ago I was working for a company on Foxbridge Way in Pontefract. It's a small world. Sorry I mentioned throttles in my first post when I should have said "autopilot speed selector". The selector knobs on the Airbus can be pushed in for managed mode, or pulled back out for manual mode. In the sim there's a clickspot above and below the selector knob to represent this. I've been flying Airbuses since FS2004, starting with Eric Marciano's freeware A320 panels, then the PSS payware A320 family, and finally the Wilco/Feelthere A320's in FS2004 and FSX which were also by Eric Marciano. The MSFS default A320 with the FlyByWire A32NX is payware standard, for free, so it's a steep learning curve to find out that the flick of a switch at the right moment saves you a LOT of hard work!
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020