FS2020 and FSX

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

FS2020 and FSX

Postby EVVFCX » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 am

Hi,
Has anybody had success in installing fsx after fs2020 was installed ?
Last night I installed FSX again, edited the registry for the Acceleration fix for activation, all done I thought but there is no entry in the start menu nor is there any desktop icon as there should have been to start FSX
I'll try and run it from it's folder but no idea why it's launching icon is completely missing.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: FS2020 and FSX

Postby striker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 pm

EVVFCX wrote:Hi,
Has anybody had success in installing fsx after fs2020 was installed ?
Last night I installed FSX again, edited the registry for the Acceleration fix for activation, all done I thought but there is no entry in the start menu nor is there any desktop icon as there should have been to start FSX
I'll try and run it from it's folder but no idea why it's launching icon is completely missing.

regards

Steve

'edited the registry for the Acceleration fix for activation' ?
That's the part I don't understand and never had to do :think:
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS2020 and FSX

Postby EVVFCX » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi Striker,

My mention of editing the registry is something that everybody had to do after installing the Acceleration disk on win10, what it did was to make an incorrect entry there, this prevents the installation of the Acceleration disk from being activated, that problem has been there since day 1 of win 10 and you will find lots of references to it on here and the internet in general.

Anyway, I've manually made a shortcut to FSX and that's working fine, I've assumed it's a conflict in installing FSX again after FS2020 has been installed, be interesting to know if anybody knows the reason why.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020