Need some basic help from a fellow simmer

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Re: Need some basic help from a fellow simmer

Postby captjim » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Captjim... I normally log in with a PIN number and it takes me right in. :think:
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:53 am

Sorry, I realize I asked you to check the wrong thing :oops:
Again, the purpose here is simply to check if you have a "Microsoft Live" account (which would be needed to acquire and use MSFS through the MS Store).

So let's check again, in a different way:
I took a look on my own computer just now to use that as an example, because from my side, I login into my Windows 10 using a Microsoft account, not a local account.
To verify that, I went to my Windows settings (from the Windows Start menu), then into Accounts.
In there, I could see my account profile picture, with my name under it, and my email address under that.
Also, a few lines lower, there is a blue link telling "Connect using a local account instead" or something like that (mine is in another language, so I'm not sure how to properly translate :D ).
This indicates I am NOT logged through a local account, and that I'm logged through my Microsoft account instead.

How is it on your side ?
If you can also see your email address under your name, and also that blue link proposing to log in via a "local" account (don't click on it!!), then it means you are also logged in through a Microsoft account, which would be perfect.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby captjim » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:59 pm

I just checked the system and it appears that I am logged in correctly, Captjim <<q
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Sounds good :)
In that case, if you launch the MS Store application, you should see your "avatar" picture in the top right of the window, indicating that you are logged in to Microsoft Live. Is that the case ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hudson% » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:52 pm

this is my 2 cents on Microsoft. I purchased the game before it even came out deluxe, because it was coming from Microasoft. What a drag when I found out it came from overseas. To top that off I have had CH yoke and pedals for 15 yrs. I paid 119.00 and nothing worked. It took me about 3 months to figure out what the secret was to make them work. at that time I had PSDv4 and the ch products worked from the get go. That was 2020. I finally gave up because I would load it up and the next time I would load it it would not work. So I asked for my money back. Well their answer is you bought it you live with it. In my opinion I would stay with Steam if you dont have a computer thats can handle 64 bit scenery, and from what I hear going to 88 when Windows 11 shows up. I am now running P3Dv5
Hudson%
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:58 am

Yes it's a shame that asobo seems to be a very arrogant company with a couldn't care less after they have your money attitude.
MS have always been a greedy nightmare to deal with. Pure arrogance and thank god for competition. Like P3D.

For me FS2020 seems a great potential but a complete PIA to use, VERY gamey, and for me just not worth it at this time. P3D for me. If P3D continues it has far greater potential as it's a proper simulator, and being a qualified pilot, is much better for simulating flights. Just needs to get the scenery done.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:23 pm

I'm not sure I understand.
Asobo releases weekly development updates, communicates with the community, takes feedback into account, but they are arrogant ?
LM on the other hand, is nowhere to be heard in years, never communicate on anything excepted when they release a new version, but they are not arrogant ?
Interesting...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Hudson% wrote:this is my 2 cents on Microsoft. I purchased the game before it even came out deluxe, because it was coming from Microasoft. What a drag when I found out it came from overseas.

Sorry, what's the problem here, exactly ?

To top that off I have had CH yoke and pedals for 15 yrs. I paid 119.00 and nothing worked. It took me about 3 months to figure out what the secret was to make them work. at that time I had PSDv4 and the ch products worked from the get go.

So in the end your CH yoke worked with MSFS, it's just that you had not understood how to configure it. Then your 119.00 dollars are not lost, are they ?
And I assume you wanted to write P3D instead of PSD ?

That was 2020. I finally gave up because I would load it up and the next time I would load it it would not work. So I asked for my money back. Well their answer is you bought it you live with it. In my opinion I would stay with Steam if you dont have a computer thats can handle 64 bit scenery, and from what I hear going to 88 when Windows 11 shows up. I am now running P3Dv5

Sorry but your remark about Steam makes no sense at all. What did you want to say here ?
Computers that cannot handle 64 bit sceneries ? P3Dv4 is also 64 bits, just like P3Dv5, XPlane 11 and MSFS.
And what is that "going to 88" meaning as well ?
Finally, concerning performance, simmers are all reporting much better performance on MSFS than in any version of P3D (4 or 5).
I had P3Dv4 until not long ago and it was not possible for my computer to fly near bigger cities or airports. This is not a problem in MSFS. So once again, your remark about computers not being able to handle 64 bits makes no sense at all. :think:
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020