Need some basic help from a fellow simmer

Talk about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator

Re: Need some basic help from a fellow simmer

Postby captjim » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Captjim... I normally log in with a PIN number and it takes me right in. :think:
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:53 am

Sorry, I realize I asked you to check the wrong thing :oops:
Again, the purpose here is simply to check if you have a "Microsoft Live" account (which would be needed to acquire and use MSFS through the MS Store).

So let's check again, in a different way:
I took a look on my own computer just now to use that as an example, because from my side, I login into my Windows 10 using a Microsoft account, not a local account.
To verify that, I went to my Windows settings (from the Windows Start menu), then into Accounts.
In there, I could see my account profile picture, with my name under it, and my email address under that.
Also, a few lines lower, there is a blue link telling "Connect using a local account instead" or something like that (mine is in another language, so I'm not sure how to properly translate :D ).
This indicates I am NOT logged through a local account, and that I'm logged through my Microsoft account instead.

How is it on your side ?
If you can also see your email address under your name, and also that blue link proposing to log in via a "local" account (don't click on it!!), then it means you are also logged in through a Microsoft account, which would be perfect.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby captjim » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:59 pm

I just checked the system and it appears that I am logged in correctly, Captjim <<q
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Sounds good :)
In that case, if you launch the MS Store application, you should see your "avatar" picture in the top right of the window, indicating that you are logged in to Microsoft Live. Is that the case ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to The new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020