MSF 2020 Key commands Not working

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

MSF 2020 Key commands Not working

Postby Crash » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:23 pm

I need a few GOOD Answers to One question : OK....Not many of my key commands on my key board do any thing like the key command is supposed too The key board shows as my default and i swapped it with another and same thing.... And i keep getting the set altimeter over and over....I set it and it keeps coming back.....Help me figure this out Thank you. Plus ONLY a Very few on the Joy Stick works as suspected.
Crash
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: MSF 2020 Key commands Not working

Postby Daube » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:21 am

MSFS key commands are very different to the usual ones we had in FSX or P3D.
Additionally, if you had set a "custom" profile for the key assignments in the sim settings, some of these assignments might have been lost due to various sim updates.
For example, on my brothers computer, the assignments to activate/deactivate VR mode were completely missing, because he was using his custom profile.
Once we switched back to a standard/default keyboard profile in the sim settings, everything went back to normal.

For the assignments you did for your joystick buttons/axis, you might want to check if your joystick is still recognized by the sim as the joystick 1 or if, instead, it is now recognized as another joystick.
So to summarize, first of all, ensure your assignments are correctly set in the sim settings.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiger1962 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 am

Also make sure you press F11 or click Save on screen when you've made changes to any settings. If you'd like a list of the key commands, you can download it from the official forums here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/reference-keyboard-shortcuts-guide/167151
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Thank you both for the reply back....I am going to do the checks as you asked me to do....And in the settings panel.....what will the expand/collapse do....Their is not a thing that tells about this setting. our Flight sims in the past came with a big nice manual for them..now days we dont get a thing not even a manual that is printable.
Crash
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tiger1962 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:44 pm

There are many video tutorials on YouTube, here's one showing the settings menus and how to use them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4bjuzwoaM
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:22 pm

A BIG THANK you to all who have helped me....I clicked on the link to U-Tube and subscribed to the whole series....Im going to get the MFS 2020 going in a few and do some investigating .
When i see some settings success with the key commands....I will let you know....In the mean time...any more ideas are sure welcomed....Thank You.
Crash
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020