A32NX autopilot issues

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

A32NX autopilot issues

Postby xtp » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:15 am

It seems that engaging and invoking managed altitude change mode on autopilot (with a flight plan) in FS2020 A32NX v0.4.1 can only be done with the mouse. This happened both before and after the latest v7 main program update.

Is anyone else finding it hard to get selected changes of altitude to respond in managed altitude mode. Multiple clicks are frequently required to 'pull' the control on my fairly fast system - sometimes for protracted periods - before getting a response to change level even though the blob appears next to the selected altitude and the main attitude display registers the input. Other AP inputs are registered immediately as expected, so I begin to wonder if the altitude knob position isn't being sampled as often.

I've also had one instance of runaway change of altitude selection with mouse pointer movement away from the control after thinking I'd finished making the change on the display.

Also had several cases where, instead of increasing altitude when commanded, it enters a steep descent for no obvious reason during the cruise and needs manual intervention to recover.

And I've had several cases where ILS shows as receiving localiser and glideslope, but autopilot flies itself to the centre of the airfield instead of a parallel runway at both LHR and Schiphol. Haven't tried elsewhere yet..

Am I alone?

Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 - 5.3GHz
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X Graphics Card
2x 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
4TB Samsung 870 QVO Solid State Drive
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
xtp
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A32NX autopilot issues

Postby Shane Stachwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Autopilots have been bugged since launch. Incremental updates have made slight improvements since then, but they're still far from perfect.

To be honest I'm impressed that you even managed to get that rust bucket into the air on your own, I'm having HORRIBLE keyboard issues and I can't even get the thrust levers to advance.
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020